What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left substantially more fat on the loin than I normally do and found it surprisingly tasty.
Fat is often the tastiest part of the meat, but due to both misguided health guidelines and intensive production methods most commercial meat is produced with minimal fat content, especially pork. At least in Europe not sure what the situation is like in Thailand. Can you obtain decent stuff direct from the farm over there?

Last night I cooked salmon and made both a cucumber salad and a cold cucumber soup but I all I tool a photo of was the col cucumber soup because I was impressed I made a cold cucumber soup. I was watching Masterchef Australia and one of the contestants did a cucumber dish with cucumber multiple ways and it looked so refreshing I thought I need to make a couple of cucumber dishes. Glad I was inspired I loved this soup. This was a perfect side to the simple grilled salmon steak.

aPIxitbRaGTCtwCsb0D2muZaekj4NuOmMvvXUGRFSSX7ARFdgRiTdmiMHs-18QmMOX47-Z6dNAoB7w84TSWTN68FCiadfwnfWc0exzyYYcI7ow58r8Fcpb6GNJXjLIzLewZWVj6OljUoMafJGWWCZxd-jrfAYoX8qWhokI_vkAVx69gHfu7IJ9BQEvggXcYKaXOMwkEHsLyyCyHCKARRE2Rzrjn_hLbNhIBL6KfxXV5kTf_1_i7UpePEp7mHsfvWw0oSqccklfE0Ca8aU4995bvy6_cd8049i1u7I_NTb5vsmLHp1U0KMxZINWTCT32E6OTihMN7xVRiv1D2co20UNyFUKvL4cJwdpYUpvFYvuzyWINdFj67YMMMBnYj6ba-9Tn4upcj1RMsBVrwUtE3C2EmOnwXKJc147AjGKMYcPObw2nq1As4oP64DRc-y04w6Jbe0OkOTbByLDpWZlyUoQ5MQjaVxjWV34Ui3mxoiDuYqXXc-ZejH8FayBiWDS-6Q6P9qh0g_mhDiV1BQSfqi_5TKQ8xuh_GIge3IUh0OUovHzYkl94Pe0QHtwQC_eAkWtNDX_DaRTr1urgGunh7a0exRzLDdgDb41irPxw=w1302-h816-no

Last night I cooked salmon and made both a cucumber salad and a cold cucumber soup but I all I tool a photo of was the col cucumber soup because I was impressed I made a cold cucumber soup. I was watching Masterchef Australia and one of the contestants did a cucumber dish with cucumber multiple ways and it looked so refreshing I thought I need to make a couple of cucumber dishes. Glad I was inspired I loved this soup. This was a perfect side to the simple grilled salmon steak.

aPIxitbRaGTCtwCsb0D2muZaekj4NuOmMvvXUGRFSSX7ARFdgRiTdmiMHs-18QmMOX47-Z6dNAoB7w84TSWTN68FCiadfwnfWc0exzyYYcI7ow58r8Fcpb6GNJXjLIzLewZWVj6OljUoMafJGWWCZxd-jrfAYoX8qWhokI_vkAVx69gHfu7IJ9BQEvggXcYKaXOMwkEHsLyyCyHCKARRE2Rzrjn_hLbNhIBL6KfxXV5kTf_1_i7UpePEp7mHsfvWw0oSqccklfE0Ca8aU4995bvy6_cd8049i1u7I_NTb5vsmLHp1U0KMxZINWTCT32E6OTihMN7xVRiv1D2co20UNyFUKvL4cJwdpYUpvFYvuzyWINdFj67YMMMBnYj6ba-9Tn4upcj1RMsBVrwUtE3C2EmOnwXKJc147AjGKMYcPObw2nq1As4oP64DRc-y04w6Jbe0OkOTbByLDpWZlyUoQ5MQjaVxjWV34Ui3mxoiDuYqXXc-ZejH8FayBiWDS-6Q6P9qh0g_mhDiV1BQSfqi_5TKQ8xuh_GIge3IUh0OUovHzYkl94Pe0QHtwQC_eAkWtNDX_DaRTr1urgGunh7a0exRzLDdgDb41irPxw=w1302-h816-no

I love cucumber soup. I haven't made my for ages. Your photo (which is attached with a very long URL.) doesn't display. Can you upload the photo directly from your computer?

Shanghai lion's head meatballs made with ground pork and tofu, among other things, with baby bok.choy, Napa cabbage, chicken broth and bean thread noodles. Lots of garlic and ginger. Didn't take a photo because the dish ended up setting for a while as we were doing other things, and the bok choy wasn't pretty and green. A definite make again.

Fat is often the tastiest part of the meat, but due to both misguided health guidelines and intensive production methods most commercial meat is produced with minimal fat content, especially pork. At least in Europe not sure what the situation is like in Thailand. Can you obtain decent stuff direct from the farm over there?

Yes.

But it's still moving.

We went to a cajun restaurant tonight. Just a little hole in the wall kind of joint, but the food was great.

We started with "popcorn" crawfish tails, then we shared chicken and shrimp gumbo, and andouille and shrimp jambalaya, and finally a couple of alligator sausages.
While the first two were very, very good, the sausages were outstanding.

Himemade banana chocolate chip bread for dessert.

Yes.

But it's still moving.

When we had the house warming (quite an important ceremony) I told the family that I didn't want the pig slaughtered behind the house; please slaughter it before it gets here.

We went to a cajun restaurant tonight. Just a little hole in the wall kind of joint, but the food was great.

We started with "popcorn" crawfish tails, then we shared chicken and shrimp gumbo, and andouille and shrimp jambalaya, and finally a couple of alligator sausages.
While the first two were very, very good, the sausages were outstanding.

Himemade banana chocolate chip bread for dessert.

What, no boudin?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom