What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

We rolled/waddled in a few minutes ago. I am so stuffed. A freebie of pretzel bread and Bavarian mustard plus a black bread and butter to start. Shared an appy with bratwurst, knockwurst, potato pancakes and sauerkraut. I had blackforest chicken (with blackforest ham, onions, mushrooms) with brown gravy, spatzle and red cabbage. I brought half of it home. Dessert for me was a take on German chocolate cake, chocolate cake on the bottom, chocolate mousse, another thin layer of chocolate cake, and then the typical coconut German chocolate frosting. A very good glass of Riesling to drink. Espresso to finish.

I'll let Craig describe his meal.

We rolled/waddled in a few minutes ago. I am so stuffed. A freebie of pretzel bread and Bavarian mustard plus a black bread and butter to start. Shared an appy with bratwurst, knockwurst, potato pancakes and sauerkraut. I had blackforest chicken (with blackforest ham, onions, mushrooms) with brown gravy, spatzle and red cabbage. I brought half of it home. Dessert for me was a take on German chocolate cake, chocolate cake on the bottom, chocolate mousse, another thin layer of chocolate cake, and then the typical coconut German chocolate frosting. A very good glass of Riesling to drink. Espresso to finish.

I'll let Craig describe his meal.

Not big on desserts, but I'd make an exception on the chocolate cake!!

Russ

@Yorky - I see food like that, and I think, "Come on, Winter! Get here! Get here NOW!" :cold:

I seriously toyed with the idea of adding suet dumplings but a couple of mates called around for a few beers so I put the dumplings on the back burner. There is plenty of stew left so I may make those later in the week.

This is a recipe that has been invented by itself, thanks to the leftovers and ingredients in the fridge to use before leaving for the holidays.
Half an aubergine, a mini packet of diced bacon (it was expiring just today!), some sun dried tomatoes that looked at me from the jar, a piece of Parmesan that I would have eaten this evening after my run, and a few shredded mint leaves to give some freshness. Then Evoo, salt and black pepper. Here it is. And now I've finished also Penne though!
Penne melanzane e sun dried tomatoes.jpg

I employed your suggestion of including a spoon in the image. Did it work?

I was going to say that - I reckon so. It makes me want some! Its difficult I find, trying to balance a spoon in one hand and take a photo. It helps to have three hands.

I was going to say that - I reckon so. It makes me want some! Its difficult I find, trying to balance a spoon in one hand and take a photo. It helps to have three hands.

I'm actually holding a white reflector with the fourth hand.

Back
Top Bottom