What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

@SatNavSaysStraightOn - that pasta looks delicious. There's something about fresh pasta, when it cooks up, it just looks...better than cooked from dried.

@morning glory - most people here call them hasselback potatoes as well. I'm old enough that I remember when the norm was to take a name like that and Americanize it, to make it seem more familiar. Fanned potatoes (or potato fans), a person could look at those and know what that meant, but not Hasselback (I think that's Scandinavian?).

Now, of course, we've flipped and everything must have an exotic name in order to be deemed worthy to eat. I noticed at my local market a few months ago that the pre-washed and bagged string beans have now morphed into haricot verts...same beans, mind, but now they're a dollar-and-half more.

The price to be sophisticated! :)

@detroitdad - Happy birthday! Enjoy that boot!

Couple of days ago, bit of a cheat as cooked from a packet mix, pumpkin seed bread.

20190729_121700.jpg

Went out on Sunday with some of the grandchildren had a meal at Crabby Jack's on the west coast, I had scallops in bacon.
And then for a walk to work off the calories.
20190728_141246.jpg

Wrong person.
I've been thinking about Detroit pizza since yesterday, so I'm a little Motor City focused at the moment. Feel free to enjoy a boot nonetheless. :)

@CraigC - Happy birthday, enjoy that boot!

As penance for my misstep, I shall too enjoy a boot later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom