What did you cook or eat today (July 2019)?

c17870df-688d-49f3-b07a-35abc418f929-jpeg.jpg

Chicken Paprika Burger - topped with green onions and an ailoi consisting of olive oil mayo, gochujang, toasted sesame oil, and diced preserved lime. The char and the green onions may seem to be excessive, but they're not: the char didn't taste burned at all.

:laugh: Reading the list of what you ate, I'm not surprised!

I couldn't finish my last 2 bites of cake. My stomach just absolutely REFUSED to let me eat another bite. :(

I didn't get to sleep until after 4 a.m. this morning. My espresso was a double one . Between that and how full I was, BIG mistake for a weeknight!

Curried cauliflower soup with a (vegan) schnitzel and a slice of vegan mozzarella.

20190801_045219.jpg

The soup is meant to have a cup of grated cheese added to it but obviously that can't happen unless I made a dairy free one. However when I weren't to make some, I found that whilst I had put agar agar flakes (or powder) on the shopping list last week, it had been ignored. Neither of us thought that the soup needed the cheese. It's meant to be thinned with milk (a common theme in this recipe book) but again it really didn't need it.

We added the schnitzel because were needed some protein in the soup, else the meal had very little just what the peas gave it.

We were both pleasantly surprised by this soup. One to make again.

Curried cauliflower soup with a (vegan) schnitzel and a slice of vegan mozzarella.

View attachment 30192

The soup is meant to have a cup of grated cheese added to it but obviously that can't happen unless I made a dairy free one. However when I weren't to make some, I found that whilst I had put agar agar flakes (or powder) on the shopping list last week, it had been ignored. Neither of us thought that the soup needed the cheese. It's meant to be thinned with milk (a common theme in this recipe book) but again it really didn't need it.

We added the schnitzel because were needed some protein in the soup, else the meal had very little just what the peas gave it.

We were both pleasantly surprised by this soup. One to make again.

The peas look pretty in there. Curried cauliflower soup really shouldn't need cheese added.

Shepherd's pie, leftover lamb roast, carrots, green beans and a mashies top obviously.
2019-07-31 18.58.26.jpg

I have previously considered "cooking" the garlic (pureed), paprika, chilli powder in olive oil possibly with roasted whole cumin seeds. I have some smaller potatoes at the moment so I may give that a go.

I "cooked" this today. It's butter, paprika, pureed garlic, ground cumin, chilli powder, salt and a little olive oil stir fried. I'll add it to a couple of hasslebacks later.

Back
Top Bottom