What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night we finally finished the putting away phase of the move, so something quick.
59203725_569729326849920_3691280002977890304_n.jpg

58772346_569729306849922_8674385610523279360_n.jpg

Haven't been around for a while so popping back

Tonight I needed to use up some leftovers so I have reheated baked pumpkin, parsnip mash to which I added garlic cream & spinach. Grabbed a barramundi fillet out of the freezer earlier which I just pan fried in butter.
Pretty simple but delicious

Last edited by a moderator:
The talk of woks and pans on another thread reminded me that I hadn't cooked a dum for some time. I have eggs and potatoes and tomatoes which are nearing their use-by date so I thought "why not?".

Owing to a cock up on the egg peeling front, I substituted a couple of soft(ish) boiled eggs for two hard boiled eggs. The result was surprisingly good so in future I shall always use soft boiled eggs (they solidify a little during the two subsequent cooking phases). The "scoring" had to be controlled to prevent bleeding the egg at that stage.

I haven't felt particularly inspired due to the heat. So I made a pot of chicken and rice which is my usual go to. This one is chicken and rice with garden vegetables, some herbs and a bit of lemon. It's quite good.

Having a little of the home made banana ice cream that I just finished making. Oh my, it is so delicious. Intense banana flavor owing to the nearly black bananas I saved up, rum and good vanilla and heavy cream.

He eats well but not gorging at all. He's doing a 2 month challenge ATM. Lost 500gms of fat and put on 300gms of muscle. He mentioned that last night. Don't know where the fat came from he lost?? They measure your skin somehow.

Russ
I didn't mean your son. I meant the kind of people who compete in eating competitions. There are a lot of people who work out and have extremely high metabolisms who do not compete in eating competitions, but they can burn those calories like nobody's business. Michael Phelps ate like 5,000 calories a day when he was training for the Olympics. There's nothing wrong with eating a lot of food if you aren't bingeing and purging like competition eaters probably do.

OMG that is so disgusting. I don't like hot dogs to begin with!
I’m with you on that. But I will be honest I was pulling for him. Just because of his streak. Hotdogs......not a big fan. I’ll eat one off the grill as long as it is not burnt. Some people like them black. A lady at work made chili cheese cole slaw dogs one day. She gave me one and I didn’t really want it. Don’t know what she did but it was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom