What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a quick glance I thought that said "fourteen hot dogs" and did a double take. Whew.

Joey Chestnut set a new record in the annual 4th of July Nathan's hot dog eating contest Saturday. 75 Hotdogs in 10 minutes!

They did it in a secret location, with no live audience this year, because of the coronavirus.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2cuNiPSJ9o

CD

Leftover Garlic Basil chicken thighs and garlic basil macaroni salad for me tonight. I have to get up and drive to Houston tomorrow -- into the belly of the Covid-19 beast. I'll be doing most of the cooking for the family this week.

CD

I dunno I like food (obviously) but gorging is pointless. But I'm the person who thinks we should skip Christmas and thanksgiving dinners and just eat cheese balls and crackers and veggie trays so what do I know.

When I was in college, I was a skinny guy who could eat a lot of food. My roommate was 6'7" and skinny, There was a place called Trail Dust Steakhouse out in the middle of nowhere, that had all-you-can-eat t-bones on Thursdays. Rick and I would load up a car full of hungry guys, and go load up. I could eat about 3 steaks. Rick could eat 8, easily. Every meal came with a baked potato and salad. I ate that. I don't remember if Rick did.

But, I swam at least 20 laps a day, and Rick played basketball daily, and Rick, another roommate and I rode 20-40 miles on bicycles about once a week.

CD

Mashed potatoes & carrots with Indonesian beef gravy.

Despite pubs and restaurants reopening on Saturday we had decided to give them a wide berth for a while. However, we heard yesterday that the pub in our village had re-opened, and that it had been fairly quiet. Being Monday, we thought that it would be even quieter, and a quick phone call confirmed this. We booked in for a meal, and were one of only two tables occupied in the restaurant. The social distancing measures were well thought out, and the food was excellent:

Halloumi fries with tomato salsa

Crispy pork bits with soy and honey glaze and a harissa dip
Grilled sea bass with lemon & garlic sage butter

Chicken & chorizo tagliatelli

Despite pubs and restaurants reopening on Saturday we had decided to give them a wide berth for a while. However, we heard yesterday that the pub in our village had re-opened, and that it had been fairly quiet. Being Monday, we thought that it would be even quieter, and a quick phone call confirmed this. We booked in for a meal, and were one of only two tables occupied in the restaurant. The social distancing measures were well thought out, and the food was excellent:
View attachment 42975
Halloumi fries with tomato salsa
View attachment 42976

Crispy pork bits with soy and honey glaze and a harissa dip
View attachment 42977
Grilled sea bass with lemon & garlic sage butter
View attachment 42978

Chicken & chorizo tagliatelli

That all looks really good - how lucky you are to have a pub that cooks high quality food nearby. I'm guessing there must be a chef?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom