What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is quite cold here (by Queensland standards). Made Hungarian creamy mushroom soup.

View: https://youtu.be/aLfu0geScBk

Hake baked with seaweed butter, pea and lettuce fricasse, Cornish new potatoes and a mint hollandaise. Adapted from a recipe found on the greatbritishchefs dot com website.

Lovely indeed. Have you spotted that the Great British Chefs website has been taken over and is now subscription based? I think if you don't pay to join you are limited to 5 'free view' recipes per day. Normally I wouldn't subscribe to a website to read recipes, but for me this particular site is essential. I use it a lot when researching and developing recipes - the only other website I use as much is an Indian based one. I'm certainly viewing more than 5 recipes a day when I go there. I went for the silver membership...

Lovely indeed. Have you spotted that the Great British Chefs website has been taken over and is now subscription based? I think if you don't pay to join you are limited to 5 'free view' recipes per day. Normally I wouldn't subscribe to a website to read recipes, but for me this particular site is essential. I use it a lot when researching and developing recipes - the only other website I use as much is an Indian based one. I'm certainly viewing more than 5 recipes a day when I go there. I went for the silver membership...
No, I hadn't noticed that. I tend to use the site for inspiration, and once I've found something I like I will probably only look at few variant recipes in detail - less than 5.

I've never seen this done before - cooking on wine soaked planks of wood. What a lovely concept.
Cooking on wood planks seemed to be the fad du jour a few years ago. One day, without warning, all the cooking shows and all the sit-down restaurants started featuring lumber with their meals! :)

I've not been very active the past few days, I really spend some days in surivival mode currently. Glad to say I baked an oatmeal pear tart again today though. And we'll be going to sushi restaurant next week.

I am still cooking when I can, but currently also often rely on convenience foods which I consider unworthy of pictures like ramen noodles. I'm hoping to cook a steak with ravioli tomorrow, I will take a pic of that :chef:

Caldeirada (Portuguese fish stew) - comprising fish, mixed seafood, cherry tomatoes, thinly-sliced potato, paprika, smoked paprika, white wine, roasted peppers, parsley, tomato puree, bay leaves and black pepper, with garlic bread

Chicken stir fry with glass noodles. Used up some leftover veges from last week, red bell, mushrooms, bean sprouts, baby corn, onion, and spinach. Not the prettiest for sure, but good.
View attachment 42928

Looks perfect to me, I couldn't tell you how long since we had baby corn. I must add it to my list. I love it.

Russ

A duplicate of yesterday - footlong hot dogs, potato chips, and macaroni salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom