What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that afternoon tea is a lot more enjoyable when I skip cutting the crusts off the bread and I just stick with butter instead of making some kind of clotted cream variant. Seems like skipping those cuts the prep time in half, for whatever reason.

I'm also happy to report that I made scones that I'm 100% happy with. Everything about them was just to my liking.

Sandwiches: Ham and cheese, Cucumber, and Egg mayo

Buttermilk Scones with butter and strawberry jam

White chocolate and toffee pudding pie, and a couple of chocolates

Tea, of course

Tea, of course
Tell me about the egg mayo?

Fluffy, crusty white loaf in my extra long breadpan.

1593808469948.png

Tell me about the egg mayo?
Easiest recipe in the world:

3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
4 TBsp mayonnaise (I probably use more like 6, but I'm a mayo-head)
A bit of chopped fresh parsley (cress would be better, but I can't get it here, baby arugula would also work)
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all up, that's it. Spread it on buttered bread, and away you go.

I just didn't know what it was. I love mayonnaise. I would probably leave out the parsley and use some green onion, mustard and pepper. Or not.

I've found that afternoon tea is a lot more enjoyable when I skip cutting the crusts off the bread and I just stick with butter instead of making some kind of clotted cream variant. Seems like skipping those cuts the prep time in half, for whatever reason.

I'm also happy to report that I made scones that I'm 100% happy with. Everything about them was just to my liking.

Tea, of course

Right little party you're having,lol

Russ

We made something we call "Swiss Steak". We looked for a seven bone chuck roast, but they appear to have become extinct. Settled for a boneless chuck roast. It is a braised dish using stewed tomatoes, celery, onions and garlic. Served with garlic mashed potatoes.

36788-albums309-picture8332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom