What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pan-fried fillet of bream, with Savoy cabbage and fennel, mussels, fennel pollen and red apple, with a cider and cream sauce.
I basically followed Clare Smyth's recipe. It's very good. Yes, it should have been turbot, but I couldn't get hold of any. What about you cats? Can you get turbot?

Pan-fried fillet of bream, with Savoy cabbage and fennel, mussels, fennel pollen and red apple, with a cider and cream sauce.

Fab! And 'get you' with the fennel pollen. :) I've used that ingredient too, as has medtran49 and its lovely. In fact I managed to collect my own pollen last year from bronze fennel. Turbot is tops but its top price too so bream is a good sub.

I can order it on-line I think. I also have fillets in the freezer. Last time I had it I bought a whole turbot was a while ago...

Ah, I had heard of turbot, but didn't know what it was. It's a flatfish, like flounder. I rarely see either one of those fish here in North Texas, and when I do, it is a menu item at a restaurant. My mom used to cook overcook flounder a lot when we lived in the Northeast, where they are caught.

CD

View attachment 43165

I basically followed Clare Smyth's recipe. It's very good. Yes, it should have been turbot, but I couldn't get hold of any. What about you cats? Can you get turbot?
Black bream or gilthead?

And yes, I can get turbot, brill too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom