What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving those beetroot picked eggs.
Thanks!

What I've always liked about any pickled egg is how the pickling turns the white kind of extra rubbery, almost hard. I don't know why, but I love pushing on them with a knife or a fork and they're almost impenetrable, and that makes me very happy. :laugh:

No photos because we have been enjoying the food too much.

Breakfast: full English
Lunch: fish soup
Afternoon snack: Cream tea with a scone warm from the oven.
Supper: potted smoked chicken, sirloin, raspbery and chocolate delice, washed downwith a bottle of Chilean red and an espresso martini to follow.

Now stuffed.

Not pretty, but some beef stew from the freezer along with one of the sweet potato rolls I baked today.

That stew reminds me of what medieval pottage might have looked like.

If that H.E.B. is the one at Twin Cities HWY and 32nd street, you were about a half mile from my old house, which was just off of 32nd street. :wink:

CD
It was the one on 365 by my other aunt's house in Port Neches, so no.

Right now I'm at my cousin's house in Bridge City where my aunt who is sick lives. I made homemade macaroni and cheese with heavy cream, butter, havarti cheese, cheddar, and Gouda. I also made a salad and picked up a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken. My aunt ate a few bites of my mac n cheese and some chicken and asked for some of the leftover lasagna I made yesterday instead. :)

CD, my cousins went to Thomas Jefferson High School, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom