What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orderered shrimp biryani, naan and a samosa
1625301414187.png

I made lasagna with scratchmade sauce at dinner for my aunt and cousins. They loved it. My aunt hasn't been eating much lately but she ate a good bit of lasagna, which I was happy to see.

I shopped at H.E.B. in Port Arthur, Texas today. Only in SE Texas and Louisiana will a grocery store have an entire aisle devoted to Cajun foods and seasonings, lol.
View attachment 66417

If that H.E.B. is the one at Twin Cities HWY and 32nd street, you were about a half mile from my old house, which was just off of 32nd street. :wink:

CD

In-laws came to visit us at the countryside. We had takeaway pizza from the (only) local pizza joint + a simple mixed salad with mustard dressing. I baked a chocolate cake (dark chocolate crust with chocolate mousse and raspberry filling).
suklaakakku.jpg

We went to lunch after grocery shopping. Craig got a stromboli and I got a saltimbocca panetta, prosciutto (domestic, not di Parma), fresh moz and what they call caprese tomatoes. It was a tomato concasse, probably plums from the texture/firmness, marinated in olive oil, S and P, Italian seasoning and either a small amount of red wine vinegar or an even smaller amount of balsamic, maybe a smashed garlic clove or 2 in the marinade. It was the same dough as craig's stromboli, so probably their pizza dough. Top and bottom brushed with olive oil, probably cooked in their pizza oven (top to the side) just enough to get melty cheese, then cold/cool tomatoes sprinkled on and topped. More Italian seasoning on top and probably green can parm or similar. It was a great sammie. I brought half of it home, and craig brought half of his boli home. Very good prices for the amount of food, especially since it was actually good food. I'm going to try making this at home, though for $12 for a nearly dinner plate size sammie, not sure if I can beat that.

Today's meal was Duckets Bucket, a combination of Manila clams and New Zealand green lipped mussels in a garlic butter broth, spiced with dill.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

A Duckets Bucket may contain both black and green lipped mussels, clams and cockles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom