What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's meal was a repeat salad. I needed to use up some perishables.

It was an anchovy layered salad.

full.jpg

No photo I'm afraid but I had a stew of French beans, plum tomatoes, aubergine, carrots and onion with parsley and the usual chilli and black pepper plus a thick slice of homemade bread. I ate half of it, and the rest will be used for a chilli or curry tomorrow. I finished my meal with slices of fresh apple and custard.

Wife's at mr7 rugby, she will txt when she leaves which is time coordinated to be ready when she gets in. Bacon is sitting under the grill/ broiler waiting. Scrambled eggs as well, hot choc for her cup of earl for me.
Prepping later for four friends coming for dinner. I'll cook chips the first time and fish as well, to make it easier later.

Russ

Wife's at mr7 rugby, she will txt when she leaves which is time coordinated to be ready when she gets in. Bacon is sitting under the grill/ broiler waiting. Scrambled eggs as well, hot choc for her cup of earl for me.
Prepping later for four friends coming for dinner. I'll cook chips the first time and fish as well, to make it easier later.

Russ
The bacon, hot chocolate, and chips sound nice.

No photo I'm afraid but I had a stew of French beans, plum tomatoes, aubergine, carrots and onion with parsley and the usual chilli and black pepper plus a thick slice of homemade bread. I ate half of it, and the rest will be used for a chilli or curry tomorrow. I finished my meal with slices of fresh apple and custard.

Sounds good.
Welcome back, by the way :wink:

I made lasagna with scratchmade sauce at dinner for my aunt and cousins. They loved it. My aunt hasn't been eating much lately but she ate a good bit of lasagna, which I was happy to see.

I shopped at H.E.B. in Port Arthur, Texas today. Only in SE Texas and Louisiana will a grocery store have an entire aisle devoted to Cajun foods and seasonings, lol.

I made lasagna with scratchmade sauce at dinner for my aunt and cousins. They loved it. My aunt hasn't been eating much lately but she ate a good bit of lasagna, which I was happy to see.

I shopped at H.E.B. in Port Arthur, Texas today. Only in SE Texas and Louisiana will a grocery store have an entire aisle devoted to Cajun foods and seasonings, lol.
View attachment 66417

I’m glad your aunt ate a good bit of lasagna, well done 🙂
It’s poignant when we take care of our loved ones also with little (good) things and they like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom