What did you cook or eat today (July 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoked ribs with potatoes and onions with toasted garlic infused olive oil with thyme and fresh rosemary that I picked from my garden.
1000002193.jpg
1000002195.jpg

And I thought I was the only person that ate cold corned beef.

And I thought I was the only person that ate cold corned beef.
I think I've only ever eaten it cold. Unless you count one or two occasions when I had corned beef hash for breakfast at hotels!
While I was back in the UK last year, I found ready sliced corned beef in the supermarkets. Had to have some, and made sandwiches just like rascal. Corned beef and piccalilli.

I think I've only ever eaten it cold. Unless you count one or two occasions when I had corned beef hash for breakfast at hotels!
While I was back in the UK last year, I found ready sliced corned beef in the supermarkets. Had to have some, and made sandwiches just like rascal. Corned beef and piccalilli.
I usually eat it hot with potatoes and shredded cabbage/coleslaw dressed with an oil, vinegar, based dressing with a very small amount of mayo in it.
Or heated for hot corned beef on rye.
Sometimes I'll just pull it out of the fridge and eat it cold.

Rummaging through the fridge yesterday and came across a bag of carnaroli rice, for risottos. There was only about 1 1/2 cups left, so we made a risotto with artichokes and bacon. I did the first part (peeled and cleaned the artichokes, chopped and fried bacon, etc.,) then my wife took over and made the risotto. Yummy - and a good team effort :laugh:
Artichoke & bacon risotto.jpg
Artichoke & bacon risotto 2.jpg

Cobb salad. This is the second time in a row I've forgotten the blue cheese, and I actually had it out this time and still forgot it.
View attachment 103062

You're not alone leaving something out.
I made mustard sauce for corned beef sunday. I thought sauce was bland. During the night I woke up and remembered I forgot mustard. Doh!
It wont happen again!!!

Russ

You're not alone leaving something out.
I made mustard sauce for corned beef sunday. I thought sauce was bland. During the night I woke up and remembered I forgot mustard. Doh!
It wont happen again!!!

Russ
Mustard sauce? Do tell. I have a corned beef waiting to be cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom