What did you cook or eat today (July 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked a cherry & yoghurt cake
20230730_190559.jpg

Been having these for a few days for breakfast.

A toasted and buttered English muffin. Topped with American cheese and then under the broiler.

cheese_english_muffin_072823_img_1331-jpg.jpg

H
Been having these for a few days for breakfast.

A toasted and buttered English muffin. Topped with American cheese and then under the broiler.

View attachment 103022

Here is a fun thing to do with English muffins. When I was a kid, my sister and I would toast English muffins, put tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on top, and put them under the broiler -- with parental supervision, of course. Mini pizzas.

Your cheesy English muffins reminded me of those. :okay:

CD

My sister lives in Houston, and has lost power due to hurricanes. She can't leave town for storms, because she is a hospital nurse. I have tried and tried to talk her into getting a backup generator. She can afford it, but like my dad, she is a penny-pincher -- well, when it comes to important things. She eats out at restaurants two to four times a week. She's fine with wasting money that way.

If your power goes out enough the make you throw away $300 in food, should you consider a generator? Even a small one that will keep your fridge/freezer on?

CD

I bought a back up generator after we had earthquakes in 2010. Son took it a few years ago. Weve never lost power here ever.!!

Russ

I did corned beef last night. D.i.l. said it was best shes ever had. Grandson Jonty agreed because he asked it for his birthday in a few weeks.
With samosas and bhajees for entrees?
Today cup of earl and 4 anzac biscuits.

Russ

Roasted cabbage to go alongside the frozen fish and potato cakes (currently in the AF):

IMG_5222.jpeg

That’s roasted in an equal mix of bacon fat, butter, and high(er) heat olive oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom