What did you cook or eat today (July 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from butchers. 2 trays lamb cutlets to marinade for tomorrow family dinner. About 20 in total for entree of tandoori cutlets. $27..they are quite thin but suits me.
2 slabs corned beef $29. Main tomorrow.
Piece of toast with marmalade and earl grey.
Off to netball soon and rugby. Frost here this morning. We raise our kids tough around here.

Russ

Chicken paprikash with mashed potatoes and garlic bread was on the menu yesterday
Chicken paprikash.jpg

Sorry guys, no food pics lately, my power has been out for 4 days, and I've been absolutely miserable. I just had to throw away over $ 300 in good quality food.
That’s awful! I know the feeling, too. It’s sickening.

Power out due to weather?

I got it back last night.

My sister lives in Houston, and has lost power due to hurricanes. She can't leave town for storms, because she is a hospital nurse. I have tried and tried to talk her into getting a backup generator. She can afford it, but like my dad, she is a penny-pincher -- well, when it comes to important things. She eats out at restaurants two to four times a week. She's fine with wasting money that way.

If your power goes out enough the make you throw away $300 in food, should you consider a generator? Even a small one that will keep your fridge/freezer on?

CD

Last edited:
My sister lives in Houston, and has lost power due to hurricanes. She can't leave town for storms, because she is a hospital nurse. I have tried and tried to talk her into getting a backup generator. She can afford it, but like my dad, she is a penny-pincher -- well, when it comes to important things. She eats out at restaurants two to four times a week. She's fine with wasting money that way.

If your power goes out enough the make you throw away $300 in food, should you consider a generator? Even a small one that will keep your fridge/freezer on?

CD
Yea, things are kind of weird right now, I have a big remodel to pay off. I've always wanted a Generac, they are amazing but very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom