What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

zucchini lasagna

20190617_182451.jpg

Homemade special fried rice - shrimp, pork loin, chicken, red bell, baby corn, red onion, garlic, ginger, shiitakis, grated carrot, bean sprouts, egg, green onions, with the sauce made of hoisin, tamari, sriracha, sugar, sesame oil. It's the only fried rice I'll eat.
View attachment 28662

Surf & turf! Sounds very tasty.

Vegetable lasagne.

20190617_181205.jpg

I usually make a couple in one go that way I use all of the oven to best advantage.

20190618_085542.jpg

There's 2 smaller ones as well that made 3 individual portions each so 3 nights of lasagne and 3 more nights (each) into the freezer, 12 portions in total. One advantage of growing up in a large family, you are good at catering for large numbers!

I made it with a new vegan cheese sauce (home-made and using miso) which tastes wonderful and smelt amazing.

We spent the weekend at our camp on Toledo Bend reservoir. Caught Sacalay . Also called Crappie, white perch or black perch depending on the color. Most were the black perch. The largest was a white perch. Also caught a few small catfish. Sunday evening I fried the fish in a thin beer batter with fried mushrooms and a salad. Nothing like fresh fish that slept in the water the night before. Sorry no pics.

Back
Top Bottom