What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

I seal the shanks on a flat grill and season with salt and pepper.

mirepoix on the base of a Bain Marie with rosemary.

Fill the tray with half water and Napoli (you can do a gravy version of this aswell)

Braise for up to 4 hours covered with aluminium foil until the meat is falling off the bone.

I like to serve it with mash potatoes.
Napoli, as in tomatoes?

I ate a stewed rice/Arroz Guisado(Bacon, Onion and Chicken Stock) along a stewed red kidney beans/Habichiuelas Guisadas(potatoes,carrot and pumpkin), Pernil and macaroni salad with mustard-mayonnaise dressing.

My pre gym meal for tonight

IMG_1253.JPG
:D

Rack of pork for Sunday lunch, with potatoes (both mashed and roasted), herb and apricot stuffing, Vichy carrots and asparagus, fennel gratin, cider gravy.
IMG_1346A.jpg

For pudding, my wife had made raspberry panacotta with fruit from the garden.
IMG_1347A.jpg

I know I've posted this in two other places already (the Breakfast and Fathers Day threads), but it bears repeating:

View attachment 28649

As I said elsewhere - this is HUGE and I really don't know how one person could eat all this for breakfast. Loads of home-fries! And is that three fried eggs?

Homemade special fried rice - shrimp, pork loin, chicken, red bell, baby corn, red onion, garlic, ginger, shiitakis, grated carrot, bean sprouts, egg, green onions, with the sauce made of hoisin, tamari, sriracha, sugar, sesame oil. It's the only fried rice I'll eat.
2019-06-17 18.13.54.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom