What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

Nice - your sour dough looks good. How long does it keep?
One loaf made with 500 g mixed flours can last me up to a week, but I usually cut the loaf in half and freeze half of it because I make other types of bread as well ( a couple of ordinary wholemeal loaves, or a couple of sourdough tin loaves). I use it for a sandwich or two every day and often have a slice with soup or in place of flatbreads with a curry.
I keep it in one of those big plastic sweet containers, so it does keep fresh for several days. I rarely need to use any of it up for toast even if I don't freeze half of it.

Last edited:
Ingredients for today's Dum.

dum%20ingredients.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, store bought butter. I don't think our milk would be good enough to make butter.

Actually it was 50% butter and 50% Meadowlea. There was insufficient butter.

Mine seems to only last about 3 to 4 days before mould appears. Its kept in a plastic bag. I generally cut the mould off and eat it anyway!
I don't put mine in a plastic bag, except in the freezer. Once it's thawed, I leave it out for a while and then put in one of those big plastic sweet containers. Plastic bags keep in moisture and it has nowhere to escape. I put a sheet of kitchen roll in with salad leaves or cut spinach to stop them going soggy.

Back
Top Bottom