What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

A clean out the freezer meal of Tex-Mex odds and ends. Tamales. Chorizo, muenster and tortilla bites. Corn and fontinella quesadillas.
2019-06-12 19.16.46.jpg

Tonight's dinner was a potato, pea and chickpea curry made with coconut milk. Very spicy. I may have a slice of melon later. Sorry the photo isn't very clear - it was straight out of the pan. I ate it with a thick slice of the sourdough bread I baked this morning.

View attachment 28511

View attachment 28512

Nice - your sour dough looks good. How long does it keep?

This turned out much better than I thought it would. I was using up 'bits': the end of a block of Stilton and some red skinned potato. I layered up thinly sliced potato, onion and crumbled Stilton in a small deep baking dish. Then covered in stock (too much stock - I ended up pouring some off, towards the end of cooking). Cooked covered in the oven for 40 mins, then 10 mins uncovered to brown the top with a few dots of butter added. Served with tomato salad with balsamic & basil and some grilled bacon.

Before baking (too much stock!):

fullsizeoutput_49bd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_49b1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_49b6.jpeg

Last edited:
Yorky that bread would last 1 minute in my house, my grandkids actually run to get it.

I believe my kids were 5 and 3 when we were on holiday in La Rochelle. On a morning we sent them to the bakery to buy bread. There was a third of a stick left when they returned.

Do you make your own butter as well?? It looks home made!!

No, store bought butter. I don't think our milk would be good enough to make butter.

I believe my kids were 5 and 3 when we were on holiday in La Rochelle. On a morning we sent them to the bakery to buy bread. There was a third of a stick left when they returned.

No, store bought butter. I don't think our milk would be good enough to make butter.

I love how my grandys love garlic butter, I never had it til in my 20s. I make my own using store bought butter garlic from a friend who grows it, evoo and parsley. Voila. I use frozen garlic as it keeps in the butter for weeks. Fresh garlic makes butter rancid pretty quick.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom