What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

Yesterday I ate more of the beef stew but with bread (French Farm Bread). I've spent the morning renewing my one year extension of stay with Immigration so I guess I'll eat the remainder today. The stew really is very good.

french s.jpg

Magpie beer is big over there isn't it??

Russ
She's on telly right now... as a guest on the Oz version of Masterchef. The theme is "Picnic at Hanging rock", and the episode is set at the location of the classic Peter Weir film.

Magpie beer is big over there isn't it??

Russ
I think so. But I'm not someone who spends a lot of time watching tv (we've little to no tv signal here). But i was surprised, very surprised to find their verjuice on the shelves of what counts as my local IGA (though admittedly it is a 40 minute drive away!)

What was the 'fish' made from?
It's not exactly the shortest of ingredient lists but it is basically made from soya bean protein, water and potato starch plus flavorings which did have a slight fishy taste to them. Anymore so and out would have been overpowering for someone like me who hasn't had fish before (though I vaguely recall tuna fish sandwiches mayo sandwiches from after ex-step dad coming onto the scene and before i revolted and went veggie at 11 yrs old).

20190613_065519.jpg

That's how I cook, cook with what's at hand. Lots of veges tonight coz there's lots of veges in the fridge.

Russ
Same here. Monday night's dinner was a veggie chilli to use up some bits and pieces I had in the fridge before my new veg box came on Tuesday. It's got potatoes, onions, garlic, and red peppers in it, with half a can of tomatoes and the remains of some pak choi which were in the fridge. Served with flatbreads and odds and ends of green leaves and lettuce.

veggie chilli.jpg

Tonight's dinner was a potato, pea and chickpea curry made with coconut milk. Very spicy. I may have a slice of melon later. Sorry the photo isn't very clear - it was straight out of the pan. I ate it with a thick slice of the sourdough bread I baked this morning.

Potato, pea and chickpea curry.jpg

WP_20190612_14_55_05_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom