What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to cook
You don't want to cook?

I love pappardelle

I just cut up some fresh lasagne sheets from the supermarket * with scissors. Boiled for 4 minutes and mixed in the spinach and mascarpone. I didn't really feel as if I'd cooked at all!

* I get food delivered from the supermarket.

My muffins just came out of the oven. I made these with bananas, Malibu rum, cream cheese, and pistachios in addition to the usual.

Last edited:
Cajuncini, leftover jambalya cooked like arancini with muenster in the middle. Simple sauce of mayo, ketchup and horseradish. Cajun queso with chips. Trinity, garlic, cream cheese, half-n-half, muenster, cheddar.

2020-06-03 19.17.31.jpg

Last edited:
I am hit or miss on Asian foods from all Asian countries. There is a pretty good size Indian community in Frisco -- there is an Indian Market a few blocks from home. I just don't like the flavors. It is a personal thing. Same with Japanese flavors.

Now, I love Korean BBQ, and there is a bibimbap place near me that is outstanding. I also like a lot of Chinese food, although not all.

You seem to eat a lot of Indian food, and I think curry is the official food of the UK. It seems odd to me. In the US, with the possible acception of a few cities, Indian food is like Chinese or Italian, something people have once-in-a-while.

No offense intended. Just having fun.

CD

No, I appreciate your thoughts, especially from another country. I know the Brits love their curries as we do here. I can make a butter chicken as good if not better than my fave shop bought. I honestly believe there is something addictive in the mix of spices etc, I guess that's why the spice trade made many people rich. I first tried a curry when daughter shouted me a meal about 25? Years ago. From the smell to the first bite, I was hooked. I love all Asian foods as I've visited many Asian countries. Maybe if you had an authentic meal you might change. I'm not trying to convince you but like you have grown up with tex mex foods, whereas I havnt, so you will have a bias. The world is so diverse, I love the world flavours and even this site to talk about differences.
Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it. :)

Russ

They look really good - that's a lot of muffins. I've virtually stopped baking cakes etc. these days as there are no hungry younger people here to scoff them. Partner won't touch any sweet things and I can't afford to...
That was only half the batch, I had another dozen still in the oven! My husband loves those muffins and will eat two a day. I will keep them in the refrigerator and he can heat them up when he wants a snack. And my youngest stepdaughter came by on her way home from work and took a dozen home with her. I had them in a container for her on the front deck rail. We stood and talked for a few minutes. It's awful not being able to hug her and have her over more often like we did before the pandemic. I raised her from the time she was 5 and she is 26 now so we are very close. She works around other people, and though they do wear masks and do temperature checks each day, it's too risky for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom