What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's meal was chicken nuggets, French fries and cucumber.

full.jpg

Big sporting night on TV for some of us here in Oz... Rugby League State of Origin: New South Wales V Queensland. So just cooking a simple dinner of boerewors and mushrooms.

View attachment 65025

I'm a big fan being an ex league player. I'm with the team that got its arse kicked last night. I went to bed at 42-6 to the Blues. Trajoynavitch, I can't spell that, lol. Were both outstanding.

Russ

I just made a honey-garlic balsamic vinaigrette to go on the salad I made with fresh greens from the garden. I made a smoked ahi tuna dip for an appetizer, along with some crispy olive cheese balls.

Garage dining at it's finest since two of my guests (stepdaughter and fiance) have not been vaccinated yet. Even though her dad and I have both been fully vaccinated, I am not willing to take any risks by spending much time indoors with unvaccinated people.

Future son-in-law is making grilled chicken and pork chops, I am making mashed taters, too.

I just made a honey-garlic balsamic vinaigrette to go on the salad I made with fresh greens from the garden. I made a smoked ahi tuna dip for an appetizer, along with some crispy olive cheese balls.

Garage dining at it's finest since two of my guests (stepdaughter and fiance) have not been vaccinated yet. Even though her dad and I have both been fully vaccinated, I am not willing to take any risks by spending much time indoors with unvaccinated people.

Future son-in-law is making grilled chicken and pork chops, I am making mashed taters, too.
Were in winter here, I'm glad you can go outside and pick salady stuff. I won't be doing that for about 4 months or so.

Russ

You would be okay with them in the house, but keeping them in the garage is added incentive for them to go get vaccinated. :wink:

CD

You would be okay with them in the house, but keeping them in the garage is added incentive for them to go get vaccinated. :wink:

CD
Well they do go all kinds of places with no masks on and mingle with other people, some vaccinated, some not. They have no problem going to restaurants and dining in. Maybe I would not get sick from them being in the house but man, my house sure does stay cleaner when we don't have a bunch of people tracking in and out.

I don't mind them coming into the house briefly, from what I understand it takes 15 minutes of exposure in contact with an infected person to transmit the virus and achieve viral load. My big thing is the variants, they don't have conclusive data yet that vaccinated people can't catch one of the mutations. They say it's low risk, but no risk is preferable to me. But it would be just as easy for someone who has been vaccinated who is carrying the virus to give it to an unvaccinated person. Since she is pregnant, I would feel pretty bad if I were in any way responsible for her getting the virus with her being 7 months along.

Were in winter here, I'm glad you can go outside and pick salady stuff. I won't be doing that for about 4 months or so.

Russ
Yes, I know. Do you realize how many people don't know that the Southern hemisphere is the opposite of the Northern hemisphere with the seasons? Yup, there are a lot of uninformed people out there. I was trying to explain it to someone at a party a few years ago and they thought I was joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom