What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From salads to sandwiches and back again, today's meal was a layered chicken salad.

full.jpg

Morning here, so cup of earl grey. Mr7 is meeting me at the pub at 3 this arvo. Daughter has a meeting so needs him to be with someone. She knows it's pub day so he loves coming down and sitting with me and my friends. He chooses a horse number and I put a dollar on for him. He's with us for tea as well, so it was his choice, he wants pea Pie and pud.
Translation: a steak and cheese pie with a dollop of mashed spuds then peas and topped with Beetroot and sliced onion. Beetroot and onion are optional. I like it all. With Worcester and tomato sauce. Apart from pizza this is his second fave.
Plus we love it as well.
Last time he came down he went home with $10 in his pocket,lol.

Russ

I had the pointy bit of the NZ beef fillet in the freezer so I chopped it into 5mm cubes and made a chilli con carne.

I've never cooked a single portion of CCC before (about 350gm) so it was a bit trial and error. It ended up OK but I had to make adjustments during the cooking process.

Whenever I get fish with the head on, I sometimes find that I have to cover up the eyes with something before I break them down. I mean, they're looking at me.

In Taiwan (and possibly elsewhere in the east) they would cook the fish with the head protected with bamboo or something so that the body was cooked but the brain and eyes were still alive. That must have been very scary - the eyes were not only looking at you; they were moving!

In Taiwan (and possibly elsewhere in the east) they would cook the fish with the head protected with bamboo or something so that the body was cooked but the brain and eyes were still alive. That must have been very scary - the eyes were not only looking at you; they were moving!
I doubt it was still alive after cooking. Fish do need water to breathe after all. But, there was probably still residual neuron firing, like when I clean geoduck and can still feel the muscles moving as I slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom