What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dessert after the chicken ciabatta sandwiches was ice cream.

full.jpg

Vanilla Swiss Almond is one of my favorites. I can add syrups, if I like, because the basic is vanilla ice cream. My other faves are Toffee and Coffee.

8A67CB13-F11C-41DA-93D3-9E9C15B7487F.jpeg

Presenting: jackfruit in a bag! Jackfruit is that magical fruit that is able to mimic pulled pork if prepared properly. This is good quality, and seasoned like a mild chili. Not bad. Bonus fact: this is almost 3 months past the best by date!

I realize that last tidbit might be unnerving. But, bear in mind that I am a guy. I have mostly stopped bad guy habits, like thinking I can scoop around the moldy parts of sour cream and still eat it safely. But, I do sometimes push the envelope. This actually tasted good - not at all spoiled - so I don’t think I need to worry.

View attachment 64962

Presenting: jackfruit in a bag! Jackfruit is that magical fruit that is able to mimic pulled pork if prepared properly. This is good quality, and seasoned like a mild chili. Not bad. Bonus fact: this is almost 3 months past the best by date!

I realize that last tidbit might be unnerving. But, bear in mind that I am a guy. I have mostly stopped bad guy habits, like thinking I can scoop around the moldy parts of sour cream and still eat it safely. But, I do sometimes push the envelope. This actually tasted good - not at all spoiled - so I don’t think I need to worry.

Interested to know how jackfruit is comparable to pulled pork - presumably you think because of its texture? because I'm struggling to say that the raw tastes are anything alike. Jackfruit is common round here in wet markets and supermarkets and is often mistaken for a Durian - because it's large and sort of spikey - though not as pointed as durian spikes.

My wife likes it, as does my daughter. I can't stand the taste or smell of it (more so than durian) as I think it smells like cheesy feet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom