What did you cook or eat today (June 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way my husband does it: after he pounds and rolls out the chicken breast into thin pieces, then tightly rolls up the ingredients inside of the chicken piece, he takes plastic wrap and (individually) tightly wraps it around the finished piece, twirling the ends of the plastic to form a tight seal. He puts them all into the refrigerator to set. The ones that we are not going to immediately eat go into the freezer. The ones we are going to eat that night set up in the frig for at least 30 minutes before being breaded with a simple egg wash and panko crumbs.

The butcher really screwed yours up, maybe a new product offering or new hire who didn't know what they were doing?

It's an up market supermarket we go to. Their goods are always first class. Once bitten twice shy I guess. I suppose I could always do as your hubby does, make my own,lol.

Russ

Neither was Chef Paul, rest his soul.

I love dirty rice, yum yum!

I think Chef Paul loved to eat even more than he loved to cook -- WAY more.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.57.50 PM.png

CD

It's an up market supermarket we go to. Their goods are always first class. Once bitten twice shy I guess. I suppose I could always do as your hubby does, make my own,lol.

Russ
Hey, if you've got freezer space and time...

Last nights dinner. Slices off the piece of local smoked ham I bought a week ago, avocado, tomato and onion salad with sour cream. Pud was a some of the Spanish watermelon we bought yesterday. It was delish but not quite as good as the Greek.
1623815491715.png
1623815537736.png

Chicken risotto with pumpkin and peas, some parmagana stirred in at last minute, our son called in as he had an hour to kill between meetings. He lives 30 mins away. I served up for two, he said that looks good and then proceeded in eating the balance that was supposed to make another two meals. He wants me to make for family dinner on Sunday. He loved it.
Dessert was a chocolate fish,lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom