What did you cook or eat today (June 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pic, but back on the salad.

I found a bottled salad dressing that’s only 1 WW point for 2 TB - that’s extremely low for a ranch-style dressing.

Tastes. Like. 💩. Back to making my own, which I enjoy doing most days, anyway.

No pic, but back on the salad.

I found a bottled salad dressing that’s only 1 WW point for 2 TB - that’s extremely low for a ranch-style dressing.

Tastes. Like. 💩. Back to making my own, which I enjoy doing most days, anyway.

I still make mayo the way my mum and nana made. I've served it here for friends and always get the comment , ah just like my mum used to make.

Russ

Your hubby is very lucky.
I like the cocktails idea a lot lol.

Russ
I fed him cheese grits with bacon I n and 3 over easy fried eggs for his breakfast (at noon). I'm his short order cook but I usually don't eat the same thing I feed him. I also rarely ask him what he wants and I just make it for him. It's ready after he gets out of the shower.

I fed him cheese grits with bacon I n and 3 over easy fried eggs for his breakfast (at noon). I'm his short order cook but I usually don't eat the same thing I feed him. I also rarely ask him what he wants and I just make it for him. It's ready after he gets out of the shower.

Same here,I quite often cook 2 different meals.
Saturday my wife loves grilled bacon and scrambled eggs. I make them especially for her. I dont like that in the morning. I normally don't eat before midday.
I buy 4 x 500gm packs and freeze. Butcher does them $10 ea. I have about 8 packs in the freezer atm. I never run out.

Russ

Do most diners over there do grits??
I always see them on restaurant menu menus.

Russ

Same here,I quite often cook 2 different meals.
Saturday my wife loves grilled bacon and scrambled eggs. I make them especially for her. I dont like that in the morning. I normally don't eat before midday.
I buy 4 x 500gm packs and freeze. Butcher does them $10 ea. I have about 8 packs in the freezer atm. I never run out.

Russ
Me too! When there's a sale I stock up on bacon. I also cook a whole pound at once. I give him 3 pieces and put the rest in a zip lock bag so the next time I just microwave a few for 15 seconds.

Russ
It's a southern thing mostly. He didn't think he liked grits until he ate mine. Hell, I don't like them unless I make them!

Me too! When there's a sale I stock up on bacon. I also cook a whole pound at once. I give him 3 pieces and put the rest in a zip lock bag so the next time I just microwave a few for 15 seconds.

Lol.
This is very similar. I buy 4 packs at a time. 3 go in the freezer. 1 gets opened and split into 6 pieces. ( usually 12 a pack) other frozen. 6 put into new sealable bag cooked over next 2 Saturdays. 3 cooked at a time. Mid loin bacon. I cut the big meaty bit off and use pizzas etc.. grilled her bacon crispy,
.my wife knows she's spoilt!!

Russ

Russ

I realize you are not asking me, but my own experience is that people are mixed about grits. My dad likes them, I do not. A lot of breakfast menus offer a choice of grits OR hash browns with your meal. I always go with hash browns.

CD

I realize you are not asking me, but my own experience is that people are mixed about grits. My dad likes them, I do not. A lot of breakfast menus offer a choice of grits OR hash browns with your meal. I always go with hash browns.

CD

So what are they. Would I be able to get here?

Russ

So what are they. Would I be able to get here?

Russ

Grits? They are ground corn, very much like polenta, but using a different corn. Polenta is made with yellow corn, and grits with white corn. So, you could substitute polenta. At breakfast, people eat grits with butter, and maybe add cinnamon, syrup, brown sugar, or other sweet stuff... sort of like oatmeal. Or you can go savory with cheese, chopped bacon/sausage, etc.

CD

Grits? They are ground corn, very much like polenta, but using a different corn. Polenta is made with yellow corn, and grits with white corn. So, you could substitute polenta. At breakfast, people eat grits with butter, and maybe add cinnamon, syrup, brown sugar, or other sweet stuff... sort of like oatmeal. Or you can go savory with cheese, chopped bacon/sausage, etc.

CD

Ok I'm not really keen to try that. BUT I do have polenta. My wifes been nagging me to try it. The Italian joint we go to have polenta fries and I love them. Hmm maybe make that up??
Ta
I always wanted to know but feel a bit thick asking??

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom