What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

The Egg is cranking at 250F and I have St. Louis style ribs going. In about 1/2 hour I'll pull them and wrap them with a little apple juice for moisture, then back on for 1-1/2 to 2 more hours. Pics to follow.

Before wrapping.

36788-albums1069-picture8208.jpg

BGE

36788-albums1069-picture8213.jpg

BGE Open

36788-albums1069-picture8212.jpg

Finished

36788-albums1069-picture8214.jpg

Dinner Plate

36788-albums1069-picture8215.jpg

Last edited:
Well that was a surprise.. our favorite Indian restaurant posted to their website today that this was their last night as an Indian restaurant so we rushed to go there tonight for a last supper. Apparently Indian food is too exotic for our region .. we will sorely miss it because we LOVE Indian food. It's now going to become an Italian place. We love Italian food too, but it does feel like a loss.

Anyhow we had chapati with chutneys;

Butter chicken, prawn Jalfrezi , aloo matar, garlic nan and basmati rice:

And ice cream on the house. Bittersweet really.

We polished it all off.

Apparently Indian food is too exotic for our region .. we will sorely miss it because we LOVE Indian food.

Good Indian food is one of the very very few things that I miss about living in the UK. Decent Indian restaurants may exist in the big cities in France, but not out here in the countryside.

I share your pain.

Good Indian food is one of the very very few things that I miss about living in the UK. Decent Indian restaurants may exist in the big cities in France, but not out here in the countryside.

I share your pain.

Yep that's the downside of living in the countryside of more conservative areas. This restaurant was a jewel in the rough

I have a home kill rolled shoulder of lamb sitting in the oven ready to,cook later. Sunday is family day so the request was hot meat sammies, with cheese relish and Mint jelly. It's a fave here.

Me this morning a cup of tea and a yo yo biscuit. My top 2 faves. It's nearly 11.30 am here.

Russ
Pictures please

I've never been a big one for desserts, but made this key lime pie (well, lime pie...we can't get key limes) for the first time today. I really like it, mostly because it isn't too sweet. Mum gave me the recipe, has the juice of 5 limes and the zest of two in the filling. The only sweetener is in the tin of condensed milk used.

Back
Top Bottom