What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

Soup from my neighbour (I think it's a butternut squash soup), a slice of my freshly baked crusty bread spread with butter, then some excellent goat's cheese

They're sold as "mixed" potatoes - some baby golds, baby reds, and baby purples (or blues).

Just halved and simmered for about eight minutes, maybe, then drained and tossed in salt and pepper, butter, and olive oil, with a little fresh parsley stirred in at the end.

I've never ever eaten potatoes before midday. And won't. I don't get it, I guess it's a murican thing???
Rest looks premo.

Russ

I've never ever eaten potatoes before midday. And won't. I don't get it, I guess it's a murican thing???
Rest looks premo.

You never had potato for breakfast? My favourite breakfast is Bubble 'n Squeak with an egg on top which is a Brit thing. And then there are hash browns. In fact, I could eat potato any time of day and often do.

This is Masala Bubble 'n Squeak which I ate (before midday) sometime last year...

You never had potato for breakfast? My favourite breakfast is Bubble 'n Squeak with an egg on top which is a Brit thing. And then there are hash browns. In fact, I could eat potato any time of day and often do.

Oh, hell I have too, but only after a hard night out, and maybe last time was about 5 years ago?? Mum used to make it all the time as a kid.

Russ

We split a grilled ribeye, with sides of smashed potatoes and zucchini/yellow squash casserole. Craig opened the rest of the oysters he bought yesterday and has pic of that.

Rest looks premo.

Russ
I don't know if it's just an American thing, but potatoes here are very much appropriate for any meal. A hot breakfast from a diner, for example, will usually offer both hash browns (shredded potatoes) and home fries (more like cubed fried potatoes).

Even the fast food places all have some kind of potatoes for breakfast. McDonald's has hash brown potato cakes, and BK has crispy crowns (like tater tots).

If I'm having a fried egg for breakfast, there will be potatoes involved! 🥔 🥔 🥔

I've been known to have a smallish loaded baked potato for lunch.

Yesterday, had to go out for an errand so stopped at Sonic for lunch. I wanted onion rings, but it was early and they weren't ready yet, so got a corn dog and tater tots.

Rest looks premo.

Russ

Potatoes ate breakfast is something found all over the world, I believe. Not just in "Murca." I don't know if they eat potatoes in India before midday. I've never had a potato curry -- And Wont -- but you can try it, if it makes potatoes more acceptable to you before noon.

CD

Potatoes ate breakfast is something found all over the world, I believe. Not just in "Murca." I don't know if they eat potatoes in India before midday. I've never had a potato curry -- And Wont -- but you can try it, if it makes potatoes more acceptable to you before noon.

CD

I'm not big on brekky anyway so I'll flag it. I do make aloo gobi curry quite a bit. Potatoe and cauli. Nice curry. For my tea.

Russ

Russ

Crumbed chicken schnitzel and roast veges, potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and kumara.
Homemade gravy. All prepped ready for dinner in 2 hrs time.
Only had a cup of tea today, earl grey was empty, I had English breakfast. Very nice, my daughter drinks it. It's 4 pm here ATM.

Russ

I'm not big on brekky anyway so I'll flag it. I do make aloo gobi curry quite a bit. Potatoe and cauli. Nice curry. For my tea.

Russ

Russ

Yeah, I've noticed that your "brekkies" tend to be a cup of tea and maybe some kind of cookie. Honestly, that's what most of mine are like.

But, when I go "Full Monty," it will include eggs, meat and some preparation of potatoes.

My favorite is "pan fries," as they are commonly called here. Diced potatoes, well seasoned and pan fried for a crispy crust and fluffy interior. (Not my Photo)

potatoesdone_550.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom