What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

64283141-957C-4453-9D37-92BDB249DE49.jpeg

Fried Rice Sushi.
To paraphrase President Kennedy, some people see food as it is and ask why; I dream of food that never was and ask why not?

I was in the mood for sushi, and decided to see what would happen if I used fried rice that I made previously. I chopped up some kimchi that I made earlier, and laid it out the way I would if I were making sushi normally.

BFA68F2F-7EE7-4D0B-A759-65DB12E8B2B1.jpeg

I rolled it up in a tight roll, and used a sushi shaping kit that I have to make triangle shapes.

2218B82F-E4B2-4B90-8CD7-253B1B68E48F.jpeg

And, I used ginger that I pickled previously, and a spicy mayo that I decided to put together. About the only thing I didn’t make here was the nori.

It wasn’t greasy at all, which honestly was a bit of a concern. And, it had a ton of flavor. This won’t be the last time I do this.

Last edited:
View attachment 38686

Fried Rice Sushi.
To paraphrase President Kennedy, some people see food as it is and ask why; I dream of food that never was and ask why not?

I was in the mood for sushi, and decided to see what would happen if I used fried rice that I made previously. I chopped up some kimchi that I made earlier, and laid it out the way I would if I were making sushi normally.

View attachment 38687

I rolled it up in a tight roll, and used a sushi shaping kit that I have to make triangle shapes.

View attachment 38688

And, I used ginger that I pickled previously, and a spicy mayo that I decided to put together. About the only thing I didn’t make here was the nori.

It wasn’t greasy at all, which honestly was a bit of a concern. And, it had a ton of flavor. This won’t be the last time I do this.

I have that same pickled ginger in my fridge ATM. Have you tried a new fave of mine? Okonomi BBQ sauce, from Asian stores . Man it's good. Mr7 here always has it on rice.

Russ

Looks fabulous, the little balls are very like Arancini that I love.

Sarana x

Thank you!
I have to say that they were particularly tasty, I’ve also added the last cumin seeds I had in the cupboard and I’ve filled them with Asiago cheese - which I also fried as it was the last piece.
They recall a bit Roman Supplì as well, “al telefono” 😃

Thank you!
I have to say that they were particularly tasty, I’ve also added the last cumin seeds I had in the cupboard and I’ve filled them with Asiago cheese - which I also fried as it was the last piece.
They recall a bit Roman Supplì as well, “al telefono” 😃
Asiago and Taleggio is my favourite, I had Suppli al telefono one time it was fun to eat. How is things in Italia at the moment Bella?
Sarana x

Asiago and Taleggio is my favourite, I had Suppli al telefono one time it was fun to eat. How is things in Italia at the moment Bella?
Sarana x

Asiago and Taleggio are sooo good, I agree! Yes, Supplì al telefono are quite funny to eat and I often finish to eat the cheese wrapped around my fingers 😆

Things here are difficult in this moment, we can go outside only if strictly necessary and with an auto-certification, police controls. And this is ok, we all have to be safe and protecting ourselves and others. “Stay at home”, that’s the main rule in this moment, but also “everything will be fine”, which is a good thinking mood that everyone say to each other. A little thing that helps a lot to lift up the spirit and the hope.
We are all fighting together with simple yet fundamental rules and everyone follow.
I wear mask and gloves when I go out to walk with my dog or going to supermarket and although is not forbidden to go out for a run, I prefer to stop this, I can go out for a run other times, not fundamental in this moment. About shopping, that’s a bit more complicated, long queues waiting outside, but that’s it. Every person has to distance at least 1 metre and half from other and people can go inside the supermarket n.8 at time, with entrance and exit controlled.
Shopping on-Line anyway is a great thing, even if there are lots of requests and consequently delays.
I keep in touch with my family, mom and dad are safe, I was worried because they both are 83 yo.
Everything will go fine, that’s out mantra now and we all are in a big virtual hug.
Thank you for asking Saranak , I appreciate this 😊

Asiago and Taleggio are sooo good, I agree! Yes, Supplì al telefono are quite funny to eat and I often finish to eat the cheese wrapped around my fingers 😆

Things here are difficult in this moment, we can go outside only if strictly necessary and with an auto-certification, police controls. And this is ok, we all have to be safe and protecting ourselves and others. “Stay at home”, that’s the main rule in this moment, but also “everything will be fine”, which is a good thinking mood that everyone say to each other. A little thing that helps a lot to lift up the spirit and the hope.
We are all fighting together with simple yet fundamental rules and everyone follow.
I wear mask and gloves when I go out to walk with my dog or going to supermarket and although is not forbidden to go out for a run, I prefer to stop this, I can go out for a run other times, not fundamental in this moment. About shopping, that’s a bit more complicated, long queues waiting outside, but that’s it. Every person has to distance at least 1 metre and half from other and people can go inside the supermarket n.8 at time, with entrance and exit controlled.
Shopping on-Line anyway is a great thing, even if there are lots of requests and consequently delays.
I keep in touch with my family, mom and dad are safe, I was worried because they both are 83 yo.
Everything will go fine, that’s out mantra now and we all are in a big virtual hug.
Thank you for asking Saranak , I appreciate this 😊
I am happy that you and your family are safe. I am worried about Luca his wife and little Carlo they in home in Napoli. It will be ok in the end I hope, all we can do is pray and hope. I keep watching Rai Uno to understand what going on, business must be in danger of getting broke.
My prayers are with you and family Bella,

Sarana x

We're preparing for a lockdown now, our government is being pressured to do so and schools are on the brink of closing meaning social restriction will soon be in full effect.

So I cooked some spaghetti bolognese today, enough to freeze another two portions for later. I didn't take a picture because I made one last week of our bolognese.
We're well stocked, I am just taking precautions for sick days so we can still have an easy meal if I might be too ill to cook and the stores are closed.

We're preparing for a lockdown now, our government is being pressured to do so and schools are on the brink of closing meaning social restriction will soon be in full effect.

So I cooked some spaghetti bolognese today, enough to freeze another two portions for later. I didn't take a picture because I made one last week of our bolognese.
We're well stocked, I am just taking precautions for sick days so we can still have an easy meal if I might be too ill to cook and the stores are closed.
Look after yourself,

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom