What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

Yesterday's lunch: cheese, Dijon mustard & tomatoes on toast with chilli flakes:

You seem to have a better hand at placing pictures than me though 🙃
:roflmao:
These are really easy! Just self raising flour and Greek yoghurt. I'm trying Soda bread on Sunday.

Ah! Self-raising flour. This is a good idea for me, since in my last delivery the bread flour I ordered was replaced by self-raising flour. It seems that folk are turning to bread baking in the crisis. I was wondering what to do with the self-raising flour, as I don't generally make cakes.

I was wondering what to do with the self-raising flour, as I don't generally make cakes.
I use it occasionally for (American-style) pancakes and (American-style) biscuits (so it should work for scones) - just omit any salt and baking powder that's in the recipe.

You may get slightly different results - I think American self-rising and British self-raising flours are formulated a little differently.

This will be an entry for the challenge, Coconut Latkes with cranberry apple sauce and cardamon Marscapone garnish. These went with crispy skin chicken thighs.

36788-albums1123-picture8227.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom