What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

OH MY how did you make the sausage from scratch??

We make sausage all the time. Recently, andouille, Italian, red wine/garlic. It's easy. Get a decent charceuterie book or find a reliable web site, then go from there.

This is one of the nicest things I've eaten this year .. a chocolate & hazelnut tarte. On a thin layer of pastry (pâte sablée, I think) and flavoured with rosemary and possibly lemon.

I've been given a boxful of 4 slices (one slice in the photo below). Eating this, I feel that I should celebrating something - I haven't passed any notable cycling milestones (or kilometre-stones) recently, but I'm sure I can think of something....No cycling today anyway, not with 50+mph winds (again)…

Crab claws are on my list to try. Sometime.

Russ

These crabs claws are a renewable resource as the crab is returned to the water to regenerate new claws. We always buy mediums as they have the least amount of shell weight.

36788-albums1135-picture8015.jpg

The bowl contains mustard sauce, typically served with the claws. We normally save the "knuckle" meat to make ravioli or other dishes.

This is one of the nicest things I've eaten this year .. a chocolate & hazelnut tarte. On a thin layer of pastry (pâte sablée, I think) and flavoured with rosemary and possibly lemon.

I've been given a boxful of 4 slices (one slice in the photo below). Eating this, I feel that I should celebrating something - I haven't passed any notable cycling milestones (or kilometre-stones) recently, but I'm sure I can think of something....No cycling today anyway, not with 50+mph winds (again)…

View attachment 38371

I’m so intrigued about that flavour with rosemary and lemon in a choco-hazelnuts tart! No chance to get the recipe?

Jealous of some people's skill for photography.

Your photos are just fine! May I ask what device you are using to take them? All mine are taken on a smartphone. These days the cameras in smartphones are really good and you don't need any special technical knowledge. Its all about shooting in the right natural light, with the best resolution your phone can do. The rest is 'plating skills' which is easy to learn and you are already good at that. I was going to start a thread about this topic because I am always looking for member's photos to use in 'featured items'. At present, due to resolution, I can only use photos from maybe four members, which is a shame.

A knock on the door .. a neighbour hands me a bottle of soup .."hey, Bob - here's your dinner"..

A green, warm and filling soup - probably mostly kale or perpetual cabbage - anyway, I enjoyed it with some warm focaccia, fresh from the oven

Jealous of some people's skill for photography.

Here's my ok-ish photo of my otherwise delicious spaghetti bolognese. ( Yes I know it's not Italian to serve it like this, but I grew up with this).
View attachment 38381

Rich and thick bolognese sauce, yes! You enjoyed it, this is the only thing that counts

Brava! 👏🏻

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom