What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salmon on toast, quick meal as we are babysitting. Son and d.i.l going to crowded house concert.

Russ
Oh you are so kind to babysit. So you can have crowded house concerts? Like in house music genre concert? Or a concert hosted at someone's house? Wow. Are the Covid face masks still obligatory indoors?

Hooooo...that is scary! Those people flying those firfighting planes are amazing, I mean you have to maneuver those brids! I hope they got the fire out quickly! I always feel so sorry for the forest that gets ruined...unfortunately the fires happen way too often...I remember in Makarska during the summer vacation we saw a nuber of fires lit on the mountain behind the town, and it scared me a lot! We asked the locals how fast until it reaches the town, they were totally cool saying, oh no worries, days maybe.. and we saw those planes from our balcony...
Oh thank you, that is so caring of you.
Yeah, well, I felt this rumble underneath, I live in a groundfloor flat in a huge apartment building, and my windows sounded with two cracks, like with the recent one, but the Eq app did not show any eq in Croatia, only on Iceland, so it is confusing...but it did flood me with a micro adrenalin rush. It is fine now, day continues as usual ...:dance:
I know quite a few apartment blocks in Zagreb as we paid for my wife's niece;s rent, so she could study Bio Chemistry in Zagreb University.

It doesn't really get pretty, but homemade lasagna tastes lovely ❤

Sausages and Onion Gravy in a Yorkshire Pud.

I make the puds in 5" to 6", not sure how big they are, foil flan tins. That way the pud expands more around the edge of the foil leaving a natural 'pocket' for the sausages and onion gravy.

I believe it is a quintessential Brit dish, not sure if it is cooked elsewhere. I would guess Australia/New Zealand rascal ?

As well as the puds mentioned You make some onion gravy, basically onions and garlic fried on low heat, flour and stir then add some beef stock, some recipes may call for a glug of wine or other ingredients.
Fry off your sausages, cook your puds place sausages and gravy in the puds. Bit of mashed potato,(champ is good with this) and Robert's your Bob and Uncle's your Aunt.
These are the flan tins I mean.

I am so happy to have discovered plenty of recipes here for chickeeeen, it is time to get creative and bold :cook:however I will need to stock up on some spices in my next grocery shopping...so today I assembled what I had plus the magical sprinkle...it says poultry spice (mustard seed, white and black pepper, salt, coriander, paprika, garlic), my kid got biggg eyes on the first bite and mmm, so it must have tasted good :-D...oh and I needed just a tiny part of this giant paprika (standing next to a 500 g box), garlic, onion and rye flour with water to thicken...

I had some of the pasta with parmiggiano and later the simply baked hake (was frozen), just salted and buttered. yum.

Oh you are so kind to babysit. So you can have crowded house concerts? Like in house music genre concert? Or a concert hosted at someone's house? Wow. Are the Covid face masks still obligatory indoors?
I assume he meant the NZ band Crowded House. A most excellent group that was formed in the 80's by the Finn brothers. So even though of NZ origin, we here in Australia, of course, as in any famous New Zealanders have claimed them as ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom