What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started today, after getting back from grocery shopping, with Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits.

full.jpg

One is with bacon and the other sausage.

Sausages, gravy, and onion a crust, or possibly the world's largest mushroom cap? Regardless, seeing this is making me hungry.
Sausages and Onion Gravy in a Yorkshire Pud.

I make the puds in 5" to 6", not sure how big they are, foil flan tins. That way the pud expands more around the edge of the foil leaving a natural 'pocket' for the sausages and onion gravy.

I believe it is a quintessential Brit dish, not sure if it is cooked elsewhere. I would guess Australia/New Zealand rascal ?

As well as the puds mentioned You make some onion gravy, basically onions and garlic fried on low heat, flour and stir then add some beef stock, some recipes may call for a glug of wine or other ingredients.
Fry off your sausages, cook your puds place sausages and gravy in the puds. Bit of mashed potato,(champ is good with this) and Robert's your Bob and Uncle's your Aunt.

Last edited:
I believe it is a quintessential Brit dish, not sure if it is cooked elsewhere. I would guess Australia/New Zealand @rascal ?
...and my house! 😬

I distinctly remember the first time I had one of these, pouring rain on the way back from Hastings, stopped at a pub, I wasn't in the best of moods, so I'd only glanced over the menu and saw something about bangers and pud and ordered that.

When they brought it out, I think the "Holy Crapoly!" I shouted was heard halfway across the county. It was the most gorgeous plate of food I'd ever seen, it seemed, and it also was served with mashed potatoes in the pud.

Today's meal was a four cheese calzone ...

full.jpg

This is a store bought calzone, but not Stefano's. I got it at Safeway and it has their Signature Cafe label.

The crust on this puppy is real nice, but the contents leave a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom