What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sausages and Onion Gravy in a Yorkshire Pud.

I make the puds in 5" to 6", not sure how big they are, foil flan tins. That way the pud expands more around the edge of the foil leaving a natural 'pocket' for the sausages and onion gravy.

I believe it is a quintessential Brit dish, not sure if it is cooked elsewhere. I would guess Australia/New Zealand rascal ?

As well as the puds mentioned You make some onion gravy, basically onions and garlic fried on low heat, flour and stir then add some beef stock, some recipes may call for a glug of wine or other ingredients.
Fry off your sausages, cook your puds place sausages and gravy in the puds. Bit of mashed potato,(champ is good with this) and Robert's your Bob and Uncle's your Aunt.

Very similar

Russ

I rarely post leftovers, but I was so happy with this pie, I wanted to post another pic;

Yeah, they start frozen, but 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave is all it takes to get them sloppy and melty.

You can make your own with one pan and about 15 minute prep and cook time. I use frozen sausage patties, a fresh egg fried in butter, some Boar's Head American cheese, and whatever bread I have handy -- usually a hamburger bun, but an English muffin if I have them.

CD

A minor earthquake tremor woke me up, it is 4.50 am, so far so good...let me post this, read some, and try to get back to sleep...yesterday I did regular spaghetti with a local store bought semi-homemade tomato and veggies sauce, feta, dried oregano, and a teaspoon of local green olive paste. A super quick throw it all in dish to go...

It was very tasty! All was kind of mild, but I could really find the spaghetti taste beneath it all...the other stuff was not overwhelming...I like the olive paste, it had been sitting in the fridge, without proper use...and it gave the spaghetti that little interest factor! Oh and the lunch box I borrowed from my kid...is it a fox or a dog? A dog possibly...😁

3DAFE76D-3E72-42B9-8773-2D2F3938EE5C.jpeg

The name is misleading. Nobody took a grater to the surface of a truffle to get the “zest“ as one might with a lemon. There’s no way this would be only $14 if that were the case. This is actually a blend that includes truffle. But, misleading as it is, I like it. It does impart a robust truffle flavor.

A minor earthquake tremor woke me up, it is 4.50 am, so far so good..
Nothing here, keep safe On Sunday we had a massive fire in the wilderness area behind us. We could only see the smoke because of the mountain in between. We knew it was big when two of the super scoopa firefighting planes did 5 scoops each mid way between us and Brac. I was an amazing site but very noisy as they flew in to scoop the water about 1/200 metres above the balcony.
1615353058679.png
1615353179298.png

Nothing here, keep safe On Sunday we had a massive fire in the wilderness area behind us. We could only see the smoke because of the mountain in between. We knew it was big when two of the super scoopa firefighting planes did 5 scoops each mid way between us and Brac. I was an amazing site but very noisy as they flew in to scoop the water about 1/200 metres above the balcony. View attachment 58840View attachment 58841
Hooooo...that is scary! Those people flying those firfighting planes are amazing, I mean you have to maneuver those brids! I hope they got the fire out quickly! I always feel so sorry for the forest that gets ruined...unfortunately the fires happen way too often...I remember in Makarska during the summer vacation we saw a nuber of fires lit on the mountain behind the town, and it scared me a lot! We asked the locals how fast until it reaches the town, they were totally cool saying, oh no worries, days maybe.. and we saw those planes from our balcony...
Oh thank you, that is so caring of you.
Yeah, well, I felt this rumble underneath, I live in a groundfloor flat in a huge apartment building, and my windows sounded with two cracks, like with the recent one, but the Eq app did not show any eq in Croatia, only on Iceland, so it is confusing...but it did flood me with a micro adrenalin rush. It is fine now, day continues as usual ...:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom