What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fried Fish Hor Fun (thick rice noodles)

IMG_6757.jpg

Meatloaf with polenta and self-made onion gravy (butter,rye flour,onions,salt,sprinkle of veg dust,boiling water).
Meat is minced pork, found the recipe online,will link. On top is store bought sweet chilli and smoked

paprika powder.

Kid loved it. Got seconds. So happy.
Gravy was wonderful!

Thank you all for the gravy inspiration!

Next time will try a different gravy variation, thought the onion bits would disturb, bit it is fine, are soft and tasty. Colour is light, but it is fine. Like it too.

Easy Meatloaf

You need to caramelize the onions if you want more color, then add some flour and more fat if needed and cook to a light brown to brown roux, then add your liquid to make gravy.

We make a smothered chicken dish that uses lots of onions in the gravy (smothered part).
Yes! That was the missing part, caramelizing them! I wondered how...will try...
Sounds great the smothered part...

cheesecake squares and white and black chocolate cookies, the cookies burned and turned out to crispy for my tongue. The cheesecake squares did taste like the cheap cheesecake from one of my supermarkets, not that I don't like it but I used half a vanilla bean. The bread was perfect, can't say anything against it.
img_20210324_1656438328749048688440526.jpg
img_20210324_1656215594913204308250310.jpg

Stay healthy

Since I missed breakfast this morning and labored hard to make another move of stuff to the new apartment, I needed to get some food in me and made a layered salad ...

full.jpg

This salad includes radicchio, onion, cucumber, serrano pepper, tomato and swiss cheese. Since most thing are now at the new apartmet, I was unable to make any kind of dressing, so this layered salad was naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom