What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that looks beyond words. Lovely!
It's a complete cheat.
Just normal jasmine rice but turned out of a small bowl so it looks nice.
Breaded chicken breasts from the supermarket cooked in the oven.
Katsu curry sauce out of a packet.
Ready made salad from the supermarket.
I did make my own salad dressing, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil - but that's hardly cooking.

Tonight's dinner - Chicken thighs, lemon, orzo. Also onion, celery, garlic, cooked in chicken stock and reduced white wine, capers added with orzo, finished with parsley.

20210324_194608(0) (1).jpg

I don't like anything there. Their slaw is chopped too finely for me. I feel like it's been pre-chewed.
Slaw is a funny thing here, more than once I have not had slaw in my order which pi$$&$ me off. Then one time we had grandson about 7 at the time with us. I decided on the spur to get a free slaw to make up for ones I'd missed. I ordered a 3 piece pack and asked for a free slaw as my last order was missed. The lady apologised and I got the free one a few minutes later. To which mr 7 said to me, so you told a lie to get free stuff? Man I felt bad and had to explain it to him. Took a while though.
My wife still teases me about it.

Russ

I don't like anything there. Their slaw is chopped too finely for me. I feel like it's been pre-chewed.
I've only had slaw once that I liked, and it was a lemon poppyseed vinaigrette slaw that was quite good. I never liked the mayonnaise based slaws, and I think that's because at times people put that Miracle Whip type stuff that looks like mayo but isn't, I can't stand that stuff. So I quit trying it, too risky to find out it's not real mayonnaise.

I remember going to my MIL's house many years ago and she had stuff to make sandwiches out but only had mustard. I asked her if she had any mayonnaise, and she said yes, in the frig, I looked and looked but there was no mayonnaise, so I told her so. She went into the frig and pulled out a jar of Miracle Whip salad dressing and said, "Here it is." I said, "That's not mayonnaise, it's Miracle Whip." She said, "Same thing." Um, no. no, it's not.

What Are the Ingredients in Miracle Whip?
"The ingredients in Miracle Whip are mustard flour, water, soybean oil, paprika, high fructose corn syrup, eggs, vinegar, modified cornstarch, salt, natural flavor, dried garlic, the preservative potassium sorbate, and spice, according to Kraft Foods."

What Are the Ingredients in Mayonnaise?
"Mayonnaise is made using egg yolks, oil, vinegar or lemon juice and seasonings to create a thick, creamy and spreadable condiment. Mayonnaise is created by emulsifying the ingredients together by slowly adding the oil to the egg yolks and lemon juice, while simultaneously mixing them together. The egg yolks act as the emulsifier to prevent the mixture from separating once the mixing is complete."

Last edited:
Well, the layered salad was good, but it didn't fill me up.

For a meal, I made a store bought Marie Calendar's beef pot pie ...

View attachment 59795

Yep, that's right; you can't tell one pot pie from another, except for that telltale gravy on the crust.
I just watched s food programme where they made amys pot pies. Almost identical to yours!

Russ

I just watched s food programme where they made amys pot pies. Almost identical to yours!

Russ

Amy's is a good brand for some store bought things.

But what is in a pot pie? They should all be fairly much the same - right?

So why is the original Swanson's pot pie so bleak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom