What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the best tamales I ever had were from a beach vendor in Cancun. This lady had a big bus pan on her shoulders full of delicious tamales. They had beach vendors selling all kinds of wonderful things, handbags, beach blankets, silver bracelets, money clips, etc. And some of the vendors had mood enhancers that were appetite inhibitors, and some of the wares might give someone the munchies. I stayed away from those kinds of things, not safe to purchase from people I don't know and in another country :laugh:

I have a friend from Mexico, and when his mother comes up to Texas, she makes tamales. He shared them with friends and co-workers, and now she makes several big pots of them that we can buy from her. She makes a few bucks, and we get outstanding tamales. I always go with pork.

CD

Last nights "recovery" :okay: dinner. Lightly scrambled eggs on toast with homemade beans. Pud was a blood orange.
1616732902085.png
1616732936588.png
1616732954824.png

I actually moved some chilli con carne from the freezer to the fridge early this morning. Then we almost passed the noodle cart after the snooker. I couldn't resist.

We drove past the noodle stall today with no desire to buy any.

Not difficult really as they were closed.

The chilli con carne was still in the fridge.

Poached eggs for breakfast,✔️cooked, rest of the day, zero cooking. Apple rolls, yoghurts, late dinner:biggg raddichio and green salad, with olives, feta cubes, edamer chunks, avocado slices, kefir,balsamico,olive oil dressing ( salad store pre-prepped), and more greek yoghurt...

Weather was gorgeous today,sunny,20C...we had good laughs with the quizz...and kids performed well, improved wonderfully...

Poached eggs for breakfast,✔️cooked, rest of the day, zero cooking. Apple rolls, yoghurts, late dinner:biggg raddichio and green salad, with olives, feta cubes, edamer chunks, avocado slices, kefir,balsamico,olive oil dressing ( salad store pre-prepped), and more greek yoghurt...

Weather was gorgeous today,sunny,20C...we had good laughs with the quizz...and kids performed well, improved wonderfully...
Sounds real good. My kinda day.

Russ

Today's meal is spinach tortellini with alfredo sauce ...

full.jpg

The tortellini is Barilla's spinach tortellini and the sauce is Classico Alfredo sauce.

The color is way off in these photos as I have just moved to my new apartment and have not set up any kind of studio lighting yet. Existing lights have an amber cast or are fluorescent in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom