What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uk Chinese Takeaway mixed meat curry:

099ACAE8-30EB-4B0A-ABDE-C295E05387F7.jpeg

Does anyone remember in the early/mid 80s in the UK, McDs had a challenge where if you could recite ‘twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesandonions’ in under 3 seconds you’d get a free Big Mac? :)
Well, I was born in 1987, in the Netherlands soooo.. :laugh: maybe not

Does anyone remember in the early/mid 80s in the UK, McDs had a challenge where if you could recite ‘twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesandonions’ in under 3 seconds you’d get a free Big Mac? :)

I can still recite it from memory. You forgot the sesame seed bun.

BTW, that actually dates back to the early 70s. I remember it as a teenager -- and I'm old.

CD

Last edited:
Here are two pictures of boiled ham in the US. The first is Boars Head (a quality brand), and the second is what most people in the US buy.

View attachment 59909

View attachment 59908

The best hams made in the US are Virginia Country Hams. Dry cured, aged, smoked.

View attachment 59911

CD
If I never have to see another image of American style boiled ham I will be happy. Growing up, that despicable stuff was a staple in our refrigerator because it was cheap and there were six kids to feed, so mom couldn't splurge on good deli meat. We had bologna, boiled ham, and white bread on hand, and if we were lucky, there was tuna "salad" (eggs, celery, mustard/mayo mixture) for sandwiches. I do not like "sandwich ham", ugh. I don't even really like regular ham (like good cured Virginia ham) unless it's chopped up in an omelet or in bean soup. By itself on a plate it's yucky and I would literally have to be starving to eat it.

I do love thinly sliced prosciutto (the aged and cured one) on a charcuterie plate with other meats, cheese, etc. Go figure.

I can still recite it from memory. You forgot the sesame seed bun.

BTW, that actually dates back to the early 70s. I remember it as a teenager -- and I'm old.

CD
Hey, I resemble that remark...but we aren't actually old, LOL. I think you are the same age as I am, 58?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom