What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a pizza for dinner.
1616886465541.jpg

5983C4ED-E84E-4DD5-ADD6-AD2068052315.jpeg

I saw this in the discount section at the supermarket: $14 marked down to $3. I didn’t read the whole label...I just thought I was getting this amazing honey for a great price.

I tried some, and tasted honey...and a soapy aftertaste. What the heck? THEN I read the label. It’s a fancy hair conditioner, not a dessert topping.

I threw it out. I don’t care how amazing my hair would look if I used it the way it was intended.

And, get this: that story is from a few months ago, but the picture is from today. That’s right: I saw it again at the supermarket today, forgot what happened last time, and I bought it again.

If I see it again, forget again, and buy it again, I’m just going to have to try it on my hair. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?

View attachment 59955

I saw this in the discount section at the supermarket: $14 marked down to $3. I didn’t read the whole label...I just thought I was getting this amazing honey for a great price.

I tried some, and tasted honey...and a soapy aftertaste. What the heck? THEN I read the label. It’s a fancy hair conditioner, not a dessert topping.

I threw it out. I don’t care how amazing my hair would look if I used it the way it was intended.

And, get this: that story is from a few months ago, but the picture is from today. That’s right: I saw it again at the supermarket today, forgot what happened last time, and I bought it again.

If I see it again, forget again, and buy it again, I’m just going to have to try it on my hair. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?

A while ago, I bought cocoa butter to make white chocolate and got cocoa butter skin moisturizer. So, you aren't the first to fall for a cosmetic product that looks like a food product. :laugh:

Last nights dinner. Roast bits of the last suckling pig, cold with roast root veg, avocado and tomato salad. Pud was h/m apple and hazelnut strudel with custard. Double dogs. View attachment 59956View attachment 59957View attachment 59958View attachment 59959
Mate… Everything you’ve shown looks amazing. I am trying to imagine what the suckling pig must taste like, but I’m sure the real thing is better than I can imagine.

And, I’m not usually a dessert person, but I would happily inhale the strudel, and immediately want another. The diet could wait one day.

Thrilled with how the Buckwheat pancakes turned out! Thank you caseydog for the recipe! It is a fantastic recipe. Sso simple, even I can do it without reading next time.
Oh I did burn the last one, right now, should not type and cook. But I love the burnt taste, so that one will be fine to me. Kid was speechless for a moment upon taking bites, she liked them.

Got 6 out of the quantity. They are so soft, tasty, and they melt right away when you take a bite. Apple, greek yoghurt and drizzled with honey.

I ran out of butter just last night, without even noticing, usually I have at least 1 more pack, but not this time:whistling:, so I had to substitute butter with sunflower oil.

I like how thick they are, might have underdone the buttermilk dose, although it took more than it says. Surely because I slightly overdid the flour amount. Wanted to use pack the pack.

Just happy regardless.:dance:
Cooking something really sets that 'home' feeling, have some Salsa music on...lovely.

Mate… Everything you’ve shown looks amazing. I am trying to imagine what the suckling pig must taste like, but I’m sure the real thing is better than I can imagine.

And, I’m not usually a dessert person, but I would happily inhale the strudel, and immediately want another. The diet could wait one day.
Thank you, it tastes milder than full grown pig. The skin is thinner and crisps up like glass. We both like it cold. I use the veg a a trivet so they absorb the juices. I leave them to get cold, chop them up and add union, avocado, tomato and a blob of mayo. The strudel was made with hand made pastry leaf. Timenspace Because of the juices the salad is delicious and I would happily eat it on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom