What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a rather ripe leftover banana and an apple, so I mashed them up, added some flour, 1 egg, a pinch of dry yeast, sugar (a little) and grated lemon peel and made these frittelle. They are very fluffy!

My all-time favorite cookie (I discovered when I worked for a short while at a cookie factory) is oatmeal-craisin-rice crispy-white chocolate.

I'm an atheist, but for the time I'm eating one (or seven) of those cookies, I can see Heaven. 😇
Oh heavens. I love craisins and white chocolate, rice crispies too. Forget the oatmeal, lol.

Having room in my nice full size refrigerator, I got a bunch of stuff yesterday and among the items, stuff to make a tossed salad.

full.jpg

This salad starts with Romaine lettuce and adds onion, cucumber, green bell pepper, tomato, crimini brown mushrooms, Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese and a dressing of mixed olive oil with Balsamic vinegar.

It's just a little snack before eating my daily meal, later today.

Last edited:
Having room in my nice full size refrigerator, I got a bunch of stuff yesterday and among the items, stuff to make a tossed salad.

View attachment 60015

This salad starts with Romaine lettuce and adds onion, cucumber, tomato, crimini brown mushrooms, Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese and a dressing of mixed olive oil with Balsamic vinegar.

It's just a little snack before eating my daily meal, later today.

Your nice full size refrigerator deserves nice full size fridge magnets too :laugh:

Deep-fried chicken bites with honey-mustard dipping sauce (both homemade), and macaroni-and-cheese (from a box) with some peas tossed in.

This was on the back of the macaroni box:

Don't do this. :stop:

And this is what's waiting for me when I'm done eating:

Well, Bolani-inspired dish turned good, well into a late-night prep, wonder if they could be called filled bannock ( we will call the minformally Bolani at home, just to know what we refer to, possibly I will do them another time with variations...)

...I feel the whole day on my shoulders and am almost ready to sleep (had a nice jogg too)...

They taste good, look ok, and are very very filling. Tasted a third, could never do a whole one. They absorb a lot of the frying oil. Easily one could be enough fo the snap tin. I see how Bolani are totally tin ready, easy to carry, good real food...have not studied it's history yet...

Kid loved the taste, she asked for non-filled ones, and had three.:bravo:(she rarely has anything in 3 counts (besides chocolates), so I am impressed)...she even said will take to school (doubt it, but am all right with that)

Had to change plan for the filling, champignons turned too dark, so i discarded. Did carrot, garlic, zucchini mash, curry seasoned for 1 of 3 filling types, then grated Edam cheese for the 2nd type and the empty ones as 3rd type.

Dough is fantastic, rolls extremely easily. Had a brief panic moment before the dough came together, but it really is a very good recipe.
Afganistanski bolani

Towards the end, <i made smaller ones, those in the recipe are huge, like one is the size of my whole palm with fingers. The last ones are 1/4 of the size, and half the dough.:happy:

Last edited:
We were told there were walk up vaccinations at Ford Field today, so we took our son. Unfortunately, we were given bad intel. So, we salvaged the trip downtown with dinner at Lumen.

12 ounce New York Strip with mushrooms and truffle fries. I ate the whole steak.

Chicken wings with everything bagel seasoning

A potent Canadian take on a Trappist ale. La Fin du Mond means The End of the World; it feels like we’re there sometimes over the past year, but what a way to go.

We were told there were walk up vaccinations at Ford Field today, so we took our son. Unfortunately, we were given bad intel. So, we salvaged the trip downtown with dinner at Lumen.

View attachment 60055

12 ounce New York Strip with mushrooms and truffle fries. I ate the whole steak.

View attachment 60052

Chicken wings with everything bagel seasoning

View attachment 60053

A potent Canadian take on a Trappist ale. La Fin du Mond means The End of the World; it feels like we’re there sometimes over the past year, but what a way to go.

View attachment 60054

Result!!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom