What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to report today in cooking, the delicious baked pancakes (bought), cottage cheese, the McDonalds fishburger, some cherry tomatoes, apples, roasted almonds, two poached eggs...but I will try to do the Afghan Bolani flat bread stuffed, and the Buckwheat pancakes tomorrow. Probably a stew too, not sure yet.
Afghani Bolani - Potato, Green Onion, and Cilantro Stuffed Flatbread | Foodtasia

The champignons have to be used sitting in the fridge, so perhaps with some garlic and cheese for the Bolani filling, not sure yet...Editing to add i ought to use the shrooms for a different dish, and try the full recipe for the Bolani...:shy::)

Had a beautiful walk with a beautiful sunset...nevermind the wind...there were some people grilling around the lake...there are cute little wooden tents/roofed patios with benches and tables, perfect for a small grilling picnic...

Took the photo on a morning not long ago...

The champignons have to be used sitting in the fridge, so perhaps with some garlic and cheese for the Bolani filling, not sure yet...Editing to add i ought to use the shrooms for a different dish, and try the full recipe for the Bolani...:shy::)

Had a beautiful walk with a beautiful sunset...nevermind the wind...there were some people grilling around the lake...there are cute little wooden tents/roofed patios with benches and tables, perfect for a small grilling picnic...View attachment 59936
Took the photo on a morning not long ago...
That sounds like a great combination of ingredients for your Bolani!

The shrooms and the garlic? Or the potatoes, green onion, cilantro? hm, they are both great combinations, totally agree...will have to decide :)
I think the shrooms, garlic, and cheese, for my personal preference, although the green onion, potato and cilantro sound good...but I am big fan of garlic and I think it will pair nicely with the mushrooms and cheese.

Oh I just noticed you had stated you would use the mushrooms for something different...do you have enough for both?

Me too, love love garlic. Thank you! Yes, and cheese, yum, it might make sense to use the existing ingredients...and make it a Bolani-inspired dish...I hate wasting food, just yesterday I gathered the food that would not be eaten soon and is still good, and left it in a bag, on the side of the garbage container, for the homeless/or the persons in need to take. Have seen other neighbours do that too, and saw the people taking it, so it is a win win.

Sorry what there is exactly on your plate? I can spot delicious meatballs (I think) and a pasta with courgette? Have not a clear idea about the other thing... a salad I suppose? Thank you :)
Meatballs with zucchini, cabbage salad and bought spätzle noodles also with zucchini. I had to get rid of the zucchini and thank you very much for your compliment.
Stay healthy

C892079E-F857-4293-86FE-567327FD9BC8.jpeg

I tell my family that I will cook for them if they want me to. But, they are afraid to ask me because I like cooking healthy things. Yesterday, my wife asked me to make something: cookies. These are oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies. And, no, they are not healthy. :laugh:

View attachment 59937

I tell my family that I will cook for them if they want me to. But, they are afraid to ask me because I like cooking healthy things. Yesterday, my wife asked me to make something: cookies. These are oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies. And, no, they are not healthy. :laugh:
You can make me some chocolate chip cookies without the raisins or oatmeal, please, LOL. It's weird, I like oatmeal, but not in cookies. I don't like raisins, except in raisin bran cereal with cold milk. Chocolate? Chocolate is good in almost anything! :D

You can make me some chocolate chip cookies without the raisins or oatmeal, please, LOL. It's weird, I like oatmeal, but not in cookies. I don't like raisins, except in raisin bran cereal with cold milk. Chocolate? Chocolate is good in almost anything! :D

I love oatmeal cookies -- minus the raisins. I've never thought about oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.

CD

My all-time favorite cookie (I discovered when I worked for a short while at a cookie factory) is oatmeal-craisin-rice crispy-white chocolate.

I'm an atheist, but for the time I'm eating one (or seven) of those cookies, I can see Heaven. 😇

The first afternoon tea of the year (I think):

The Tower Of Tea Treats:

The sandwich layer (egg mayonnaise & cucumber-cream cheese):

The scone layer (just golden raisins/sultanas with butter and FROG jam):

Keeping with the cultural lingo, I'll say I couldn't be arsed to open my scone, so everything just went on top. Bloody Americans! :laugh:

The sweets layer (chocolate-orange tea cake & port wine dessert jellies):

Flipping that cake over, trimming up the edge a bit, splashing over some grand marnier, and dusting with confectioner's/icing sugar covers a multitude of mishaps.

I'm still in quick meal mode while get my stuff organized in the new place.

I fixed up a couple Andouille sausage sandwiches on wheat bread slices with habanero salsa as a condiment.

No picture provided for this as it isn't really that attractive, just tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom