What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were courting and first married, my wife regularly said to me "I bought you something but I ate it". Now she just eats it without telling me she bought me anything at all.
Our thing is, my wife will buy something, or I'll buy something for her that she requested, then she won't eat it, and I'll eat, then a month later, she'll ask where they went.

For example, she wanted some Reese's cups, so I bought a pack of six individual ones.

"I'm putting them in the candy dish, so you don't miss them."

"Ok, thanks."

Next day, I eat one, as I figure I'm entitled to three of them. The following day, I eat another one, and the third day, I eat a third one.

Then they sit for a week, and another week, and I say to myself, "Self, she has obviously changed her mind about these, so help yourself," and I eat the remaining g three over the next three days.

A week, another week...

"Hey, what happened to my Reese's cups?!"

"You mean the ones I bought like six weeks ago? You weren't eating them, so I ate them."

"I was gonna eat those!"

So then I buy more, and it starts all over again. :laugh:

Second attempt at posting after my brain failed me and I hijacked another thread :shy:

Yaki Soba with beef

You need too. You can experiment with sous vide without buying anything. An emersion circulator just makes is a lot easier. Perfect steaks every time. Also, excellent for cooking very lean cuts of pork or chicken, and having it really juicy and tender when done. Good for perfectly cooked fish, too. It is virtually impossible to overcook things.

CD
Ahh in that case I have cooked sous vide but a long while ago. I cooked some chicken ballontines in a bag submersed in a regular pan of hot water and just controlled the temperature with an oven thermometer. There was no mention of the term sous vide in the recipe... Might give it another go.

I'm in the middle of moving and my fridge, microwave, TV Screen and bed will be the last to go. I am not doing any recipes at the current time, only microwaving store bought stuff.

So, given that, today's meal is a Marie Calendar's turkey pot pie ...

full.jpg

I'm packing up the last dry goods today and a good part of the DVD collection.

In the US, that sounds like the Rotax class, which use Rotax two-cycle engines (with a vegetable based lubricant oil). I spent a day driving them -- there is a world-class track about 50 miles from me. They are hard to drive fast. They also beat the $%*& out of your body.

CD

Sons a fitness freak, his body can take it. I'll find out more when I see him again.

Russ

I'm in the middle of moving and my fridge, microwave, TV Screen and bed will be the last to go. I am not doing any recipes at the current time, only microwaving store bought stuff.

So, given that, today's meal is a Marie Calendar's turkey pot pie ...

View attachment 59687

I'm packing up the last dry goods today and a good part of the DVD collection.
Hang in there, soon you will be throwing a virtual housewarming party in your new flat and enjoying your new kitchen!

So hungry after the cheese pies, bought an apple one in the evening after the train ride, but did a quick (reaaaaaly quick, under 3 minutes) soup, veg cube/dust and egg,buckwheat flour curry dumplings, both kid and I enjoyed a warm and very tasty late evening (10 pm) soup back home. She asked, what is the soup made of, and I said: nothing, just dumplings (true :roflmao: )

Many years ago, our Esperanto teacher wrote a book of poems, and translated it into Esperanto, but my point is, the soup reminded me of the book title: "Love is a bowl of soup":love:

On the side, looking as deco, but I actually love eating it, is lambs lettuce, is that what is really called? How sweet. In Croatian it is matovilac.

Craig finally cooked his sauerbraten that I had started marinating/pickling over a week ago. I started the red cabbage this morning, then he finished cooking and watching over it while his sauerbraten cooked. He decided he didn't want to mess with making his grandmother's dumplings so made mashies. I'm stuffed. This kind of food is so filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom