What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Probably the worst restaurant experience ever and it was just up the road from the house. There is a Best Western Hotel by the highway that has had an empty restaurant on the side of it for years. It has opened and the poor guy has never done it before. He can’t get any staff. He was in the shop a few times so we went out to support. I feel bad for him. From start to finish it was very not good. We can be critical, having spent our lives in this business, but we keep it to ourselves unless asked. He was so stressed out we didn’t want to make it worse so we took the rest home. Lol

View attachment 97461View attachment 97462
Oh dear what a nightmare sorry to hear it :hug:

I’m afraid he will come into the shop next week and ask us our opinions. We’ll have to say something. To lie wouldn’t be right.

Was there anything good you could focus on?

I'd also say something about I love cheese, but there was a bit too much and it weighed down the pizza and took over the pepperoni flavor. I'm assuming from the picture that the cheese layer was really thick.

Smoked with pecan wood, rubbed, smoked, tenderized, sauced and grilled. These are so delicious, they literally gave me goosebumps.
20230318_124115.jpg
20230318_132257.jpg
20230318_132305.jpg

Porchetta spiced pork tenderloin. It cooked a little more than I wanted. Should have checked temp a few minutes earlier, but it was still tender and moist. Craig is working on seconds.

Potatoes are a version of Ina Garten's fennel, onion and potato gratin. I used ParmR instead of gruyere. They are umm, umm good!

Vegetables are a medley of corn, black eye peas, onions, red bells and green peas. I sauteed the red bells and onion in butter and EVOO, steamed the corn and black eye peas separately, then added the green peas at the very last. A high end restaurant makes something similar and they cook everything separate, then combine at the end so as not to muddy the individual flavors.

20230318_185741.jpg

Sunday family dinner tonight. Sons bringing blue cod he caught at moeraki. Boys trip. They got 120. They split up . Last time I bought it was $49 kg.
Steak for others if they want.
I'll make a salad and fry some crinkle cut chips and beetroot.
Cant wait for the cod.

Russ

Porchetta spiced pork tenderloin. It cooked a little more than I wanted. Should have checked temp a few minutes earlier, but it was still tender and moist. Craig is working on seconds.

Potatoes are a version of Ina Garten's fennel, onion and potato gratin. I used ParmR instead of gruyere. They are umm, umm good!

Vegetables are a medley of corn, black eye peas, onions, red bells and green peas. I sauteed the red bells and onion in butter and EVOO, steamed the corn and black eye peas separately, then added the green peas at the very last. A high end restaurant makes something similar and they cook everything separate, then combine at the end so as not to muddy the individual flavors.

View attachment 97474
Good to see craig has his appetite and I've been watching ina a but lately as well. I'm enjoying her food.

Russ

Good to see craig has his appetite and I've been watching ina a but lately as well. I'm enjoying her food.

Russ

Oh, he's had his appetite back since shortly after his 2020 month long hospital stay unless he's not feeling well. He'll make a full plate, and I do mean full, and then have seconds when he really likes something. He'll also finish what's on my plate if I can't eat all of it. He's gained a little weight and I'm surprised he hasn't gained more.

Back
Top Bottom