What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

And homemade potato salad to go with the ribs. Made with "whatever ingredients I want to put in here, screw the recipe".
20230318_205655.jpg

And homemade potato salad to go with the ribs. Made with "whatever ingredients I want to put in here, screw the recipe". View attachment 97478

Every reputable BBQ joint in Texas has tater salad as a side.

Here is one I make. It is my best replication of the potato salad at Lockhart's BBQ in Dallas. It uses red potatoes and has some spicy kick to it. Recipe - Lockhart's Potato Salad

CD

I took one of the NY Strips that I posted a few days ago (see below) and did a short dry age on it. Today I cooked it sous vide, and seared it in a cast iron pan with canola oil and butter. Seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Medium rare, of course. Excellent!

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 11.19.59 PM.jpg

CD

I took one of the NY Strips that I posted a few days ago (see below) and did a short dry age on it. Today I cooked it sous vide, and seared it in a cast iron pan with canola oil and butter. Seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Medium rare, of course. Excellent!

View attachment 97490

CD
M.y daughter just cooked 4 identical steaks to those for thr non fish eaters.
With my garlic sauce.

Russ

Mine has finally given up, and just removes his hands from the picture now but it has taken 10 years!
My kids & their Dad KNOW I’m going to take pics. They are even likely to help, making sure the daylight globed lamp is on etc.

They stop guests from attacking the platters with “wait, wait, wait!” 😂😂😂

Starting on the catchup...

We were out last night for hubby's birthday meal out...

This is the vegetarian tasting menu which the vegan one is based on, but doesn't always match.

Our 2 favourites were very definitely the "Thai Style Wontons - Coconut, Kaffir Lime, Lemongrass & Galangal Broth & Enoki" and the vegan chocolate pudding with salted caramel ice cream and miso caramel sauce. Absolutely delicious.

Apologies for the lighting. It is always a difficult place to get reasonable photos.

Back
Top Bottom