What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Bash up packet of shortbread add melted butter. Stew apples. Daughter now has a tree
Then add crumble and bake. Yummy with full cream.

Russ

Yep, very much like apple crisp here. I like it hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

CD

Our supermarkets carry Turkey mince and drumsticks but that’s it I think.

Monday night was more like a 1am Tuesday supper. We skipped dinner in favour of getting good spots close to the stage at My Chemical Romance. After the concert we were starving and had take away from the Chinese place which we were super happy to catch right on close. Pulled pork buns & cold potato shreds in chilli oil

Yesterday I was spoiled by the flatmate who had the day off and a craving for slow cooked lamb leg with a Persian profile. Plus all the requisite sides including babaganoush, hummus, tabouli etc.

44D60E24-67B9-4FCE-9E3D-748C5B4002F5.jpeg

I’m saving you all the sight of that plate & bread balanced on my lap. 😂

Trying to ensure that the kitchen cupboard doesn´t get filled with loads of stuff we´ll never use, so I dug out a tin of Borlotti beans, some long red chiles I found in the Turkish supermarket, and a few veg. Vegetarian "Chile con Carne" on top of a baked potato. There´s enough left over for another time:
Vegetarian Chili.jpg

Trying to ensure that the kitchen cupboard doesn´t get filled with loads of stuff we´ll never use, so I dug out a tin of Borlotti beans, some long red chiles I found in the Turkish supermarket, and a few veg. Vegetarian "Chile con Carne" on top of a baked potato. There´s enough left over for another time:
View attachment 97615

Wouldn't that be "Chili con Veggie?"

CD

Thankfully last night's aubergine, tomatoes and rice has definitely improved with an overnight stand and reheat. I'm write it up tomorrow .

20230321_183716.jpg

So this was served between 2, along with the last of the mushroom stuffed tahchin

and some protein (roasted soy duck).

Last edited:
Dinner last night was crispy “oven” fried wings, corn off the cob, and mashed potatoes. Homemade wing sauce (Frank's hot sauce, butter, vinegar, and honey), and blue cheese dressing on the side.

wings_oven_032123_img_0793-jpg.jpg

A couple more from the weekend. This was Sunday lunch. A besto pesto grilled sandwich (100% plant based), then the cinema where I couldn't photo the food and finally done sorbet after the film (it was the 39°C/104F day).

20230319_115533.jpg

Hubby had dragonflies, mango and lemon sorbet, I had lemon, raspberry and passionfruit sorbet.

20230319_150102.jpg

20230319_150108.jpg

We actually had a choice of some 7 or 8 flavours of vegan gelato to choose from!

Back
Top Bottom