What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Dessert last night. Apple Crumble.

20230320_204805.jpg

We went for lunch at our favorite deli restro. I got my usual of a 9 oz corned beef sandwich on an everything bagel with fries and half sour pickles. Craig got a trkey, ham, cheese, bacon, etc., club with fries.

Our dinner will be the remaining halves of our sandwiches.

Turkey leftover from Christmas (I think that’s when I made turkey last), some glazed asparagus, and little boiled potatoes.

Gravy was jarred turkey gravy, but I bumped it up a little with some Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, garlic, and parsley. It sufficed.

904A6E1B-91C4-4E32-9878-2B7771A7C37E.jpeg

rascal I buy these turkey tenderloins, in fact I have two in my deep freeze.

I've never seen it like that here. It's just not a kiwi thing here. We get a Turkey roast at xmas. 2 breasts with cranberry stuffing. Comes in a bag you just put in oven. All white meat. Which I love. It is served xmas day for 10 to 12 people. Along with leg lamb and a roll of pickled pork.

Russ

Our sons fave. We had it 3 nights ago.

Russ

Apple Crumble is very similar to Apple Crisp that we have here... mostly up North, I believe. I loved it growing up. I haven't had it in many years.

CD

Apple Crumble is very similar to Apple Crisp that we have here... mostly up North, I believe. I loved it growing up. I haven't had it in many years.

CD
Bash up packet of shortbread add melted butter. Stew apples. Daughter now has a tree
Then add crumble and bake. Yummy with full cream.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom