What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Here's a pic of the soup that I made yesterday. It look good!! Tastes good, also!! :whistling:
002.JPG

Is really thin sliced bread the norm in NZ? All of your sandwiches use it.

CD

We have sandwich slice which I love, and toast which is thicker. We have both. I use toast for cheese on toast.
Toasted sammy is thin slice bread.
Ironically my wife just handed me this .
On line $59 . I hinted twice. Lol.

Russ

16800611641931301525439655569436.jpg

Technically last night but hey my husband arrived after two weeks apart so I was too busy celebrating to post:woot:

This was one of those recipes that wasn’t fibbing about quantities, unfortunately being well trained (or so I thought) in looking at the ingredients list and going “pah that won’t be enough for us” I doubled the pork and prawn wonton filling and ended up with so much that last night I enjoyed my third lot of this soup :rolleyes:

They‘re not wontons in any real sense of the word because gluten free meant they are wrapped in rice wrappers but they still work and it was tasty.

55BBC0B4-331B-4390-8F93-B1A380863C22.jpeg

5536652E-053A-456E-B89D-2D1067D770EB.jpeg

94428DFF-58FE-44B1-B574-B6B58063DE00.jpeg

Thats my phone case in the pic because while I was cooking it I managed to drop my phone in the soup pan :facepalm::D

Last edited:
A while back we bought Costco bulk packs of beef mince & pork mince. Froze most of it but I also made a bunch of mixed meatballs. Some were put in bun Cha type salad boxes for lunch but there were too many so I threw together a sauce in the pan on the fly with mushroom, tomato, capsicum, tomato paste etc. only unusual add in was some Mushroom XO.

Then I froze them and forgot about it.

Tonight I panfried some mushrooms that desperately needed using and added in the meatballs from the freezer with a splash of Shiraz.

Combined with short twisty tube pasta & topped with pecorino.

Was too hungry to get a pic.

When it comes to use by dates etc that is a soap box topic for me.

If it looks OK and smells OK then I consider it should be OK.

I have today used some grass which has been in the fridge for almost a week. I removed and binned the outer leaves but the inner leaves formed an ingredient of today's pork chilli burger (#708 ),

If it looks OK and smells OK then I consider it should be OK.

I have today used some grass which has been in the fridge for almost a week. I removed and binned the outer leaves but the inner leaves formed an ingredient of today's pork chilli burger (#708 ),
You keep your drugs in the fridge and serve it in burgers? :laugh:

SandwichShortOfAPicnic and Morning Glory here is a brief explanation of our Dutch cultural food called ' stamppot ' which includes Brussel sprouts mash. The wiki doesn't mention Sprouts but I can assure you it's very common.
Stamppot - Wikipedia
Yum.
Sounds a little bit like bubble and squeak but not at all like it at the same time.
This combo made me pause -
“Pineapple may also be included in sauerkraut..”

Back
Top Bottom