What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Drizzly day.
Chicken soup over brown rice, topped with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses.

chicken_soup_032723_img_0844-jpg.jpg

Same as last night...

Only it seems I forgot to photo the main course! So here's last night's photo!

20230328_175924.jpg

And dessert. The last of the Persian saffron rice pudding with a generous handful of Pistachios, whole and ground, rose petal powder and rose petals.

I thought of all my British friends here when I ordered my burger medium-rare, and the other four people I had lunch with ordered theirs either rare or “extra rare.” :wink:
I’m guessing some sort of rare burger discussions happened and you’ve discovered our public service messaging that’s been incredibly successful that meat must be thoroughly cooked through or you’ll get food poisoning 😆

I like a rare beef burger. I’m far more concerned about how the animals been treated than the bacterial count 😆

I'm from the Netherlands, it's a cultural food for us. So you're definitely not the only one, there’s a whole country who thinks the same!

I've made it before a few times but didn't realise it was a thing in the Netherlands. I rather like to char the sprouts a bit before adding them.

Back
Top Bottom