What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Food Discussions' started by morning glory, 1 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Simply tell us what you cooked, ate or drank today. We love to know! Photos are appreciated but not at all necessary.

2. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Bloody 'ell - I got in first!

Spicy spring rolls today. The advantage of these is that they are just as good cool as hot which is ideal for this current climate.

with flash s.jpg

3. BB304F5B-B1CB-45F1-9A09-4DCDE05C6189.jpeg

Salmon cakes, cooked on a copper pan (only $19.99 for 2...yes, I was watching late night TV).

Where does the salmon end and the pan begin?

4. morning glory

Fresh or tinned salmon? Is the pan really copper or one of those 'non-stick' pans?

Shermie and rascal like this.
  5. I bought 3 pounds of salmon, with the intention of smoking it. But, the day I was planning to do this, I ended up having to spend time away, so I decided to just make a giant batch of salmon cake mix. It's basically this recipe, except I didn't have dill, so I used cilantro.

Ha...I just looked, and it's not a copper pan: it's titanium and ceramic. Here's where I ordered it:

https://www.gothamsteel.com/

They're naturally non-stick, which is pretty great, but I squirted some oil on the pan to make the patties crispy.

Shermie likes this.
  6. Shermie

Shermie Veteran

A bowl of cereal & a blueberry muffin. :wink:

7. Clamshell

Clamshell New Member

Bread with banana-rum jam! It's amazing!

IMG-20190415-WA0223.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 2 May 2019
  8. rascal

rascal Über Member

Big tea last night so just tomato soup and soldiers. Soup had cream added near the end. My fave soup.

Russ

BittersweetSamba likes this.
  9. morning glory

The tinned sort or did you make your own?

rascal likes this.
  10. CraigC

CraigC Über Member

I like banana and rum in combination, like Bananas Foster! Come to think of it I make something similar with sweet potatoes.

11. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

For dinner last night, we had sammies, homemade honey wheat bread with smoked turkey, brie and sauteed apples, then pressed and toasted. Truffle salted fries on the side. No pics, just didn't feel like taking any.

timmyc likes this.
  12. morning glory

That sounds delicious - how do you make the truffle salt?

timmyc likes this.
  13. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

Bought it when we went to the Farmer's Market a while back. But, it is fairly fine salt with tiny flakes of black in it, so I would assume somebody finely microplaned the "ends" of black truffles and then used the rest of the truffle for whatever. I used the "ends" to make truffle butter and oil when we've had them. The "ends" don't have a very nice mouth texture since they are bumpy and rough, and a little tough. It's okay when you slice the truffles to have around the edges because the slices are so thin, but to get an "end" piece isn't really that pleasant.

MypinchofItaly and morning glory like this.
  14. Karen W

Karen W Well-Known Member

BittersweetSamba likes this.
  15. rascal

rascal Über Member

No tinned. It's really yummy.

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.