What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:48 AM
Simply tell us what you cooked, ate or drank today. We love to know! Photos are appreciated but not at all necessary.

Bloody 'ell - I got in first!

Spicy spring rolls today. The advantage of these is that they are just as good cool as hot which is ideal for this current climate.

with flash s.jpg

Fresh or tinned salmon? Is the pan really copper or one of those 'non-stick' pans?
I bought 3 pounds of salmon, with the intention of smoking it. But, the day I was planning to do this, I ended up having to spend time away, so I decided to just make a giant batch of salmon cake mix. It's basically this recipe, except I didn't have dill, so I used cilantro.

Ha...I just looked, and it's not a copper pan: it's titanium and ceramic. Here's where I ordered it:

https://www.gothamsteel.com/

They're naturally non-stick, which is pretty great, but I squirted some oil on the pan to make the patties crispy.

For dinner last night, we had sammies, homemade honey wheat bread with smoked turkey, brie and sauteed apples, then pressed and toasted. Truffle salted fries on the side. No pics, just didn't feel like taking any.

That sounds delicious - how do you make the truffle salt?

Bought it when we went to the Farmer's Market a while back. But, it is fairly fine salt with tiny flakes of black in it, so I would assume somebody finely microplaned the "ends" of black truffles and then used the rest of the truffle for whatever. I used the "ends" to make truffle butter and oil when we've had them. The "ends" don't have a very nice mouth texture since they are bumpy and rough, and a little tough. It's okay when you slice the truffles to have around the edges because the slices are so thin, but to get an "end" piece isn't really that pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom